Sign in to follow this  
mark-vr6

early spec front end, help needed

Hi all, as this is my first corrado after a string of mk3 golfs any help or ideas is much apprecated, It is a J plate so has an early spec font end with a 7 slat grill.

Im looking to freshen up the front end whilst keeping fairly original, the headlights look a little tired is there a difference for later spec lights or are they the same? was thinking of a lamin x light tint film but am i best off doing this with a new set of headlights? or has anyone any other ideas that im unaware about?

lastly i like the look of the 2bar grill whilst still retaining the original badges is this a late spec grill i would need?

the early and late lights are slightly different, the late 1s sit more flush on the slam panel, and i thinnk for the late grill u need to modify the bottom tabs, becaue the early slam pannel only has 2 holes whereas the late 1 has 3.....

.. lol feel free to correct me if im wrong anyone :)

Yup, just hacksaw off the lower middle tab on the late grille and it goes on. It will sit slightly further forward than the early grille, but still looks good.

Your not going to be able to get new headlights for pre-facelift cars as they don't sell them anymore.

I have now sourced a late spec grill :) would the late spec headlights fit then as i have chance to purchase a set? thanks

yeah they will fit the same, and sit furtherout, more flush to the slam pannel, better in my opinion

thanks for the advice, yeh i think it looks better too i just couldnt tell what made them look different from the front end :)

it's only the glass and the glass surround that's different on the headlights between the two different types... you can swap late lenses onto early lights to make them late spec as long as you also have the black plastic surrounds too... ;)

cool cheers sorted a grill and lights now, is there any difference between an early and late spec front bumper?

only the swage line.. cant spell it lol... late one is straight, early curves up at the corners, but hardly noticabe.. same as back bumper