Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

CAT's and your MOT

I want to know what context it failed on so need to know the code and the context of the failure.

Ill speak to my mate this weekend.

And also what car,year of reg and fuel type

dont know to be honest, my concern was the colour of the ticket being printed for my car.

ill ask but i dont think they will be overly willing to tell me, i wouldnt expect them to give out details of my car to someone over the phone.

dont really see why it matters though, its on the form as a fail so it can be used as a fail.

if it cant be used then fair play i will do what i can to inform them they are wrong,

They dont need to give you the full details of the car merely what model and yr it was.

Bottom line is i and many others including MOT testers i know have never heard of any vehicles being excluded from the emissions test because no CAT is fitted.

Also many CATs cant be differenciated from a small silencer box in the exhaust so i dont see how this can be enforcable, how can they prove that a small silencer is not a cat and vice versa??.

Also what about the number of cars that run underbody aids (ie Lotus Elise etc) that dont enable you to inspect to see if a CAT is fitted or not, are they going to fail the MOT test too even if they pass the emisions test?