RedRado

Winters over - first shot of Red Rado

Finally cleaned up my new toy - my third Tornado red early C. Hoping to finish cleaning it up and get some miles under its wheel. Hope you like it.

Loooks lush matey, well done! would love to come across an early one this nice :?

Dave? Thats one clean car you've found!

Yes Gareth, its David!! Formerly known as 692 DPG to those who recognise the user from various VW forms of life ;)

Dave you are a tease!! And also lacking forum manners by not explaining how you came across such a motor and also what youve done to it already to add to the fact it was so clean when you found it in that old barn ;)

Yes Gareth, its David!! Formerly known as 692 DPG to those who recognise the user from various VW forms of life ;)

Dave you are a tease!! And also lacking forum manners by not explaining how you came across such a motor and also what youve done to it already to add to the fact it was so clean when you found it in that old barn ;)

Ok Stan you caught me out!

The story goes...........

While off getting my Golf track car 4 wheel aligned for the Ring I went to a garage near home to enquire and while I was there the owner said 'Do you like VWs? I've got one out back if you're interested.' Obviously being a bit of a Dub fan I repiled 'Yes'. So when I saw the little old C with 44K on the clock needing a bit of TLC I had to take it home - well you would wouldn't you? So I raided my piggy bank, handed over £1200 of Her Maj's finest and set of gently cleaning and restoring.

I had the bumpers painted to remove a few scuffs and a rust bubble on the tailgate sorted but other than that its clean - not a single bit of rust under the arches at all. Followed by getting the Sebrings refurbed at WRC in Preston and wrapping the in matching rubber.

I know the boot thing is a bit an*l but living only 10 miles from Gareth its catching!!

have I confessed enough Stan?

Yes Gareth - it is I. How long did you think it would last before I got bored? - I have 2 daughters and the garage is the only safe place.

Hi Dave, good to have you on here with a stunning looking Corrado :wave: Looks like a very rare find indeed, low mileage, beautiful condition and a baragain to boot. Would love to have a look at it sometime.

44k!

Really pleased it's gone to someone who'll look after it. I just love how good an original tidy 16v looks on a fresh set of Sebrings.. fantastic stuff.

it doesnt deserve the 'FKD' numberplate thats for sure!!

You're right there but it could easily have gone to someone who who would have 'FKD' it up. I'm glad I found it and have been able to slowly bring it back to useable order having been sitting unused for nearly a year.

Hi Dave, good to have you on here with a stunning looking Corrado :wave: Looks like a very rare find indeed, low mileage, beautiful condition and a baragain to boot. Would love to have a look at it sometime.

No problems Gareth - I've still got a few jobs to do but I'll bob over with it some time soon so you can have look.

Just had a day fitting new OE suspension at the rear and cleaning up under the rear arches - it's slow progress but I'm getting there steadily.

very tidy clean example mate, get detailing and get it to some shows i wont be the only red car then.

am i having dejavu with the under arches?

Wow, that almost makes it look like they were separated at birth! I'll keep up the good wotr - fronts next.