RedRado

Winters over - first shot of Red Rado

Tornado red with a 4 pot all the way...

Although I have had to fit a late bonnet for the 1.8T

Thanks - read your build thread, your car looks epic, 20vt mod really suits it. Dave

Will have to pop over and have a look at this when the weathers nice enough to venture off the drive!

Looks a minter.

Will have to pop over and have a look at this when the weathers nice enough to venture off the drive!

Looks a minter.

Cheers Steve - so that will be about June then!!

It is a good thing that some people are keeping clean examples of the 4 cylinder versions on the road. I have to say that whilst I adore the chunkier stance of the VR6 with the slightly wider track and bulge bonnet, there's something undeniably pure and clean about a nice early 16v in something like Tornado Red, on a standard set of sebrings. It's subtle differences that non-Corrado owners wouldn't notice but I think they do look really different and I like them both for different reasons :)

Jim, I agree, little things that show evolution are interesting. I find the awkwardly positioned electric window switches amusing, still get it wrong which one I'd for drivers window! Analogue milo meter, two piece gear knob and gaiter, recessed indicators and fogs, different bumpers, sliding heater controls, bonnet, grille and the list goes on! It's clear to see that VW made a lot of minor changes in the 1992 on models which made them more appealing. What I particularly like about the early car in red is it's purity and, in standard form, it's ability to remind me of the Vw press launch cars. Long may this one live on, though I've hit 48k now! Cheers, Dave.

Just had an opportunity to blow the post winter cobwebs off with a bit of a clean up following some over winter fettling. New wishbones, ball joints and arb links up front and some nice new no grumble rear wheel bearings - running nicely after having the suspension geometry re-set.

Here's a couple of pictures from today in the 'lovely' Lancashire sun just to show it isn't dead!!!!

Wasn't it great weather. It's what days like today were made for. Shame both of mine were on axle stands, but fortunately had the Lupo for a trip out. Wheels look perfect.

Wasn't it great weather. It's what days like today were made for. Shame both of mine were on axle stands, but fortunately had the Lupo for a trip out. Wheels look perfect.

Thanks James - re-insured on a 3k p.a policy so hopefully it'll see some more sunshine this year! Went to Oulton Park today to watch the Formula Fords, XR Challenge and Bug Fun Cup - good day out!