Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

x-flo g60 progress...

what BHP we expecting out of this then daz??? if a 1275 forged G40 engine can produce 219BHP i think we will be looking at near the 300BHP mark lets hope so since it is a 1.8! can't wait.... :D :twisted:

We will tell you when we have finished with the angle grinder and lump hammer :lol: :lol:

Will not come to that, we have been sizing things up this evening and there are plently of options to mount the alternator with only minor mods.

Is it me or does the welding on that inlet look a bit dodgy?

That is not the finished product, but this is :lol:

sweet, we expecting any bling like this? http://www.momentumtuning.com/images/MVC-009L.jpg

hummm nice inlet manifold.. :cry: :cry: :roll:

the alternator will fit down there and i got steve tied up to a pole so he cant attack it with his selection of hammers at the mo!! :lol: :lol:

I like the alternator down there :wink: i see you have found the treasure :)

I retract my previous statement :oops:

Thats looks like good craftsmanship. I only commented because I work for Corus (formally British Steel) in a fracture and fatigue lab, and have to check and breack various welds. It's unreal the kind of things you can learn but busting stuff open.

If only hammers and screwdrivers could create the monster. Everyone who has been in the unit over the last couple of weeks thinks that myself, Darren and Liam are a little messed up as we are always congregated around the sacred engine stand offering it gifts.

With our combined IQ of five (4 of that being Darrens dog) we are getting there between us. Last night we were creating mock up inlet plenums, 'Blue Peter' stylee, out of cereal boxes and stickey tape. Sounds a little antiquated I know but the only real way to mock up designs and see how it all offers up, what fits in relation to what, or what does'nt more to the point. We have got our heads around how its all going to come together now. The second part is really tayloring these designs for components so that they are efficent rather than just a means of fitting it all together.

We are trying to improve the engine from all aspects rather than just sticking the head on and off we go.

The%20Shed%20Guard%20dog%20from%20queens%20NYC.JPG

Above is the new G-werks/Pitstop Design consultant. He has a doctorate in 'Mass air velocity' and HND in 'brummy hammers' :lol:

but this is what happen'd to the last person that took the piss ... :offtopic1:

or is that steve looking for his favorite hammer again after we hid it ... :lol: "can tell its fri afternoon ehh all these crap posts... :lol: :lol:

Mr cross flow is offering ourselfs a lot of 'food for thought', ohh and running about sourcing components to execute a idea when one of us gets a brain wave (occsionallly it happens :D ) to an improvement we can make to it.

The bottom end will be allready to rock and roll in 3 weeks when the Forged pistons arrive on our door. We have just invested in a second, smaller unit solely for the use of building engines out of the car. The idea is to keep that section quarentined so that nothing is contaminated and all engine bits can be stored in one place.

Once we have the rough schematics, prototype brackets/manifolds etc we will drop the engine in a car. A little way off yet with the complete x-flow set up, but at least the bottom ends are iminent.. :D :D