duckdown_hoodrat

My Nugget 16v. SHE'S HOME!

Yo!

I've been on here for a few months and never got round to putting some pics up of thunderbird fo'

it's my daily driver aswell and i love it to bits.

11042010404.jpg

02042010387.jpg

Spec:

'89 1.8 16v

- Ta Technix Coilovers

- 7j Polished Porsche 928 rims on 205/45/16 and 195/45/16 rubber

- Full Scorpion Stainless System, De-cat

- All Red Rears

- K & N Panel Filter

- Big Splitter thats er split

- Pressed Plates

- 280mm Steering Wheel

- Lockwood Dials

- Kenwood Headunit

- Kenwood 10" Sub sunk into Fake Boot Floor over wheel well with amp below

Plans are:

The audio. Currently running 1 standard front dash speaker and 2 standard rears with crap sub and an underpowered amp. Hah.

I'm toying with swapping the wheels and adaptors for something dishy and different.

Edited by duckdown_hoodrat

Not a fan of the wheels to be honest. But I really like the colour. WHich is odd because in any other car I hate yellow. But it suits the Corrado :)

thunderbird four! thats epic, i never associated it with that before... not gonna be able to stop it now!

brilliant!

Cheers Guy's,

Wheel's are a bit marmite i've found, i love them but they are hard work!

Haha, yeah a guy at work printed me a pic of thunderbird four out and put it on my desk when i bought it, stuck from there!

aye tis suitably low. Can't go no lower without spacers, stupid strut rubbing.

As soon as i get more money (payday) will be sorting out the audio.

Can anyone recommend some decent 13cm door speakers (i only have the crap dash ones) and some decent rears? On a budget.

depends how on a budget you are!

for £45-00 ish you can get vibe slick speakers

less than that is Fli which is vibes introductory range or edge which is the same as fli but bright orange! and they are about £30-00

i have the black air components in the doors but they are about £90 but my vibe rep loves me and helps me out :D lol because mine is the shop "demo car" ;)

Right,

Little update. Not done much to it other than lower it more. Had to fart about with spacers as i could only lower the back so much without the tyres rubbing the coilies and i was sceptical about spacing the wheels while using my porsche adaptors. In the end used 3mm spacers and the tyres clear the struts nicely :)

So took some photos in celebration, with a mates golf:

P1010153.jpg

P1010154.jpg

P1010180.jpg

P1010160.jpg

P1010171.jpg

Really need to do the rocker gasket next as it's chucking out blue smoke like a looney.

Seen you at DG on saturday, I love this car. its mint. :clap:

mate do you lot not have any kind of inclines where you live.. mine gets shredded and its nowhere near as low as that... looks ace :D

suppose our speed bumps are more of speed cliffs tho! there is no gradual incline! mine bottoms out leaving the end of the road for my garage!

yup 90mm splitter and on fk coilovers but there must be nearly an inch of thread left :/

ahh me too :) yeah i've got about an inch left on the fronts. probably will rip the old inner arches out and drop it right down. handling has gone out the window, drives like a bouncey castle

ahaha i smashed that up on standard suspension on most speedy bs or any incline anyway, i swear corrados suffer more than mk2s,3s.... seem to bottom out at the front easier...

mk1s smash it. short wheel base, im not lieing when i say you end up balancing on the speed bumps. aha.

02042010387.jpg

I've been looking at this picture again and the other three cars are all a bit pretty-pretty. What I love about the Corrado is the no-nonsense "come on then!" look it always has :)

Ya mate you're right, although at the time that mx5 was an animal! turbo powerzzzz.

Anyway, i'll get up some pics saturday as hopefully be on new wheels and i've tinted the lights.

Whoot!

Slight update :D

Drove to manchester on Thurs night to collect me new wheels.

Put them on about 12 thurs night, didnt raise the car enough and burnt rubber all the way home.

So yesterday i got to work doing some "arch work"

P23-07-10_1634.jpg

All you need is a hammer haha.

Anyway after about 3 hours of playing with coilovers this is the end result:

P23-07-10_201001.jpg

15" Porsche cookie cutters. Need some mad stretch and a touch of camber then i can get it down more.