Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Speedline refurb....

Hi.. just bought a single speedline for a spare wheel. It's straight with no damage but could do with stripping and powder coating. can anyone give me an idea of cost to get one powdercoated, I don't want to pay too much or get ripped off. also does anyone know what the origional speedline colour is ????

I was thinking of getting it done either at prestine alloy wheels in bucks or there's a place in segensworth / fareham hampshire that i've just spotted on the web as i'm quite often in the neck of the woods....

any other suggestions for refurb places in bucks / hampshire, and approx cost would be great.

Ta.

Rough guide to a price if the wheel is true/damage free is about £40 - £50.

Can't help with the colour sorry.

Just had 4 x BBS RX's done by Lepsons in Gillingham for about £53 a rim. That was a complete strip, repairs for two of them and then repaint and tyres fitted etc.

Most places will be able to colour match your original wheel colour so I wouldn't worry to much about colour code.

thanks chaps.... with this info in mind i'll have a ring round.

......and chapettes :)

Oooops sorry Butterfly.... was thinking it was your other half..... :D

Only 41k on the clock? Must be one of the lowest here! :)

Lowest mileage quite possibly..... but highest in suspension height as it's standard and looks like a 4x4 :D

Lowest mileage quite possibly..... but highest in suspension height as it's standard and looks like a 4x4 :D

:)

Mine is completely standard too; I don’t think it looks bad at all even with standard ride height. Though I’m planning to upgrade its suspension within the next 12 months so I may have it lowered by a tiny bit (35mm?).

I quite like the standard BBS alloys on the G60s, so I may be tempted to change the standard Speedline to BBS. Am I nuts? :)

Actually i quite like it standard and plan to keep it that way... It's only a joke as people on here normally tease me about it :D hey with a speedline in the boot it might lower the car a tad :D

as for your rims. i rather like the look of those rims too... so your not nuts.