Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

temp senders 4 cylinder

I dont have any on the head I bought, are they all the same? I tried taking one from my old head but broke it. Ive read these help with idle and stuff like that, Is there better ones I can get? I saw on awesome gti that they had higher temp ones ( that might have been a thermostat actually)

From looking at Etka they all have the same part numbers..

:scratch: :scratch:

the small black sensors around the head water outlet (16v) are all the same (x3), one round the back is the oil temp sender and different.

just been looking at my daily and its just got the 1 temp sender, what should I have bolted onto the rhd side? thanks

on the rhs of head you should have 3 of the water temp sensors (to gauge, ecu and idle control unit) and then the 2 pin larger thermo-time-switch which controls the cold start injector at the end of the inlet manifold

on the 1.8 16v you also have the warm up regulator that has a 2 pin connection to that for it's internal heater, no such part on the 2L

on the back of the head, just around from the dizzy, is the oil temp sensor (for MFA) and the dizzy itself has the elec connector for the hall sender

on the front of block you have 2 oil pressure sensors on the oil filter housing, 2L 16v's have a 3rd blanked off sensor hole and also a couple of knock sensors bolted to the block

and UK 16v's should also have the fan run on temp switch on the front leftmost cam cover bolt.

that's about it.

thanks for the info. I got a kr head on a 9a so i will have one less right?

also on my daily the temp needle doesnt work....could not having one of these senders be the problem

swap the wires over, as all 3 of the senders are the same the gauge should work on another sender, if not, then it's a wiring or gauge fault

just been told from TPs

part number 027 919 501 goes to part number 049 919 501 which is a temp sensor! £24.02+vat

sound right??

I dont seem to have enough connections for the senders? My new(KR) head (my car is a 2.0l)

Ive got two, 2 pins on the side of the head

and 2 water temp senders which I have spade connections on

and only 1, 2 pin connector ???

The sender on the back for oil Ive swapped striaght off my 9A head but have no spade for it???

cheers

as I read a while ago, not all of the 3 coolant temp senders have coolant behind them IIRC