Sign in to follow this  
20vtvw

coilpack vr into my dizzy vr

my rado has stopped running ,i checked the plugs and they are full of oil ,the engine has done 187k so thought i would get another engine to swap them over,.

i have got a 2.9 rado engine but it has coilpack rather than a dizzy like mine so will i have a problem fitting it?

a up kidda

to put the engine in there wont be any problem what so ever

as for the wiring and ecu, well i have no idea as ive never done it myself but i would think you would have to switch the loom out and im not sure if the ecu would need changing even tho there both obd1 :shrug: maybe sombody on here will have done this before and help you, but if they dont then go on club gti and im sure they will have the answer, if not then maybe give vince at stealth a bell im sure he would know

i know one way which will work for sure and thats to upgrade to obd2, which involves changing all the engine loom, sensors, manifold/throtle body and ecu with ignition/immobiliser if it has one and that will work for sure

sorry i couldnt be more help hope you get it sorted

perksy

You will be fine but you will need to remove the dissy,top timing chain cover and dissy drive from the inlet cam and swap your bits over onto the 'new' engine..

You will be fine but you will need to remove the dissy,top timing chain cover and dissy drive from the inlet cam and swap your bits over onto the 'new' engine..

what about if he wanted the coilpack? how would he go about that?

ye i was thinking of running coilpack,,but will be happy to have my car working so might have to stay dizzy :nuts:

Use your existing ecu and loom put the new engine in, take the top timing chain cover off With the distributor and put the top timing chain cover from you car onto the new one, bolt your coil pack on and bobs ya uncle. Then if you got a loom and ecu with the new distributor engine spare send me

a I might be able to help ya sell it, know a lad that's after one

sorry slight change of plan.,im buying lilfuzzers engine when he sorts his new one so will now be a straight swap .,but will have some polished vr parts in forsale section soon :D