Sign in to follow this  
Big Adam

DIY Wheel Refurb

Hello bought these D90s today and was goin to have a go at refurbing them myself.

anbody have any advice or recomendations?

P1010953.jpg

P1010954.jpg

P1010955.jpg

P1010956.jpg

P1010957.jpg

have done it myself before, and my advice would be its really worth paying a professional to do them.

just did a set of d90's for winters.. main advice would be make sure your prep is perfect.. anything showing on your primer level shows twice as bad once done!

With such smooth faces this is the main area to concentrate on..

have done it myself before, and my advice would be its really worth paying a professional to do them.

have to 100% agree with this

theres a place near us that does it for around £120, media blasted, refurbed and powder coated which always gives a really good finish which i dont think is that bad a price (im sure people have it done cheaper but it realy does do a good job), which when you take into account primer, paint and clear coat and all the wet sand paper you will need your probbly looking 60 to 70 £ anyway, and unless you really do take your time the finish wont be that good.

but advice if you are guna have a go find a place that can media blast them to start with, so you have a good base to start from and then just take your time, primer wet sand primer wet sand again, make sure you have have a realy good finish on the primer or like already said you will see every little fault

also a little tip make sure the wheels are warmish as if there realy cold the paint doesnt take that well and make sure that where there drying is warmish so a heater is a good thing

perksy

no brainer re costs of materials & time expended as note above in the thread unless either skint / doing it as a trial

otherwise pop along to National Alloys in Widnes (see their own website)

they do for £35 each if 15"

I've just had 4x Westwoods (?) inc centre caps that I had recently bought from this very forum (GlosterOx) refurbished in silver ( wet painted due to ability to do the plastic centre caps )to a very high standard there a week ago that looked like yours beforehand.

I'm sure they also do powdercoating too

J