Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

Spark faultfinding?? (Simple question)

After the snow the other day, my car was running really lumpy. Thought it was dampness in the ignition system so I coated it in wd40, no change. When the engine was running, I pulled of each ignition lead and listen for a change in running, then re-attached them. Change in running on all but number two. So I changed the leads around to check if was them. Still number two. It definitely seams to be the spark plug in number two. I don’t have the right tool to get it out at the moment though. I have also checked on the dizzie and rotor arm both look fine and where new 7 months ago. From what I have done, have I eliminated everything else?

Bit pissed of as the spark plugs are again only 7 months old. Really skint too. Can you buy the G60 spark plugs individually? (Think there expensive being platinum tipped so I cant afford a full set)

You certainly can buy plugs individually from the dealer. How come you haven't got the right tool? Most socket sets come with all the standard sized plug sockets.

When you do hoik the plugs out, check they're all the same colour, if two is darker or lighter than 3,4 & 1 and the gapping is OK, you might have fuelling issues in that cylinder or an air leak in the inlet gasket possibly.

K

Cheers Kev. Good news! :lol: Found my spark plug socket. So I've taken the offending plug out and earthed it, there is a spark. So I cleaned it a bit and put it back in. Still the same problem. I then took it back out along with number three and swapped them over. Problem some how solved! Taken it for a spin and everythings fine now. Maybe there was something going on caused by the snow, but a good fiddle around seems to have sorted it. :lol: :lol:

They didnt look great though, pritty black. I know my old head burnt a lot of oil so thats probably why they havnt lasted very long??