Sign in to follow this  
hodaz

Occasional stalling problem

Hi chaps, my 94 VR has been very well behaved recently but last few months its started stalling occasionaily, usually when the engine is warm and when pulling up to traffic lights the revs just die out and engine stalls. Sometimes the revs will die right down but pickup again before it stalls (sometimes the battery light wil flash on for a second)

I've recently taken the ISV out and cleaned and lubricated it, cleaned out the throttle body and cleaned the MAF, but is still happening. Any idea's what this could be? It doesn't do it very often but its making dread stopping in traffic incase the engine stalls.

Had a look but usually when other people have asked question its coupled with other runing issues, whereas mine is running perfect (touch wood!) otherwise, which would seem to rule out a lot of the potential causes.

The culprits will all be the same though.

I don't think yours will completely unique - the symptoms just present themselves slightly differently.

Think I've been watching too much House.

Had a look but usually when other people have asked question its coupled with other runing issues, whereas mine is running perfect (touch wood!) otherwise, which would seem to rule out a lot of the potential causes.

Your symptoms sound the same to me, its common for them to run fine but have stalling issues. If you've checked the ISV, check the whole air intake system for air leaks and also the device that comes off the top of the cam cover and feeds into the intake, they commonly break up and leak air.