Sign in to follow this  
DaveStorm

Boot wont lock with c/l

This happens when my boot lock is turned to the horizontal position and I lock my car using either the remote c/l or the drivers door. When the boot lock is in the vertical position it is permanently locked so that is where I always have to leave it, most annoying when both hands are full of shopping! :roll:

I've taken the inside cover off and had a look at it and discovered that when I lock the drivers door using the key, it appears that the metal plunger arm is struggling to move at all, even with me trying to give it a helping hand. Any ideas as to what's causing this? :?

Cheers

get some white grease on to the metal bit that's struggling... they get crud'd up and stop moving... I had to do exactly the same thing on my MKII golf... :?

Ok thanks I'll give that a go. Actually bought some white lithium grease today and gave the sunroof mechanism a good coating and it seems to tilt and slide smoother and quieter after a little testing so hope it works for the boot lock too! :)

There is a ball bearing with a spring in side the end of the lock,when it wears the ball gets stuck and the spring gets entangled, thus your lock might work fine with key but the central locking cant pull or push the lock.

Solution is to strip it and clean it out stretch the spring fit back ball bearing and grease.

Done Three so far and it works well.

I will try to dig out a picture.

Tried white grease on the metal arm, but to no avail unfortunately so I'll try your idea James, when you get the pics up :wink:

Cheers