krnau

how to repair seat lever cable?

Hi there, the current montly failure of my corrado has been a broken seat lever cable. As known, it has two "hooks" that keep the backrest in place. One of them was broken when I bought the seats so I kept it held "up" with a wire... but last week, the cable that attaches to the lever has broken at some point between the hooks and the lever. is there any way of fixing this? and, how can I dismantle the backrest of the seat?

thanks!!

Just spotted that i have the same problem. The cable has broken near one of the hooks on the passenger seat and the hook is held up with a cable tie.

Can anyone give me some advise on the replacement of the cable? Is it necessary to dismantle the seat back or this there a quick fix?

I've been known to " quick fix" these with "chocolate strip" electrical connectors... Think you can still get the cables though.

Whip the seat out of the car.

tilt forwards.

prise the row off bent over spurs up to let you get the fabric off them at the bottom

There's then room to get in to wherever the break is, and join the 2 bits back together. (they normally break near the bottom)

To replace the cable, you're likely to have to pull the seat cover up more to get better access.