Sign in to follow this  
funky

20v turbo

I don't know about the dissy but Jabba used to/still do run the G60 ECU on the 20V. A guy I know has one in a Rallye.

Gavin

My Rado runs 340BHP @ 17PSI with G60 management. Only trick is setting up the spark... you need a custom box that Jabba do that uses a TDC pickup on the crank to make 4 pulses as you cannot use the Distributor obviously.

Best thing though is to try get your hands on stock management. Matt @ Disigna dubs as above can do this install. Standard injection system is excelent, just hard to find all the bits (Loom, ECU, clocks, Key etc - from the same car)

As for the noises... should hear my corrado as your vision goes blurry due to your eyeballs being forced back into your head as the boost comes in, whooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhh!! Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lovely! :mrgreen:

Mine uses the clocks that came out of the same golf the engine, gearbox, ecu, came out of, i would of thought it would be easyer useing the golf clocks, rather than changing the wiring to use the standard corrado clocks

Clock/key contain the imobiliser circuit. There are a few people out there who can crack it.

I would install the MKIV clocks... phat! 8)

A lot of the 1.8t's have the clocks coded to the ecu so if you dont have them fitted from the same car it wont start.

no no no no no!!

mine makes a whole new variety of noises now

click click boom wouldnt be in that variety of noises would it??

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol @ dubster!!

The MKIV injection system can be run without the clocks... but takes someone who knows what they are doing. I think initially however the clocks are needed to un-lock the ECU. I believe Jabba can do an S3 system.

I can't beleive the going rate for the 20v these days is £1500! You could buy a good car for that! I got my 20v with everything for £750 in the summer!! You can get a audi V8 for £500!! 8)

I can't beleive the going rate for the 20v these days is £1500! You could buy a good car for that! I got my 20v with everything for £750 in the summer!! You can get a audi V8 for £500!! 8)

i think thats overpriced too. would be fair for a tt225 though!

it myay be overpriced but lets see you put the audi v8 in your corrado :wink:

it myay be overpriced but lets see you put the audi v8 in your corrado :wink:

Someone I know is thinking of doing just that :D :D :D :D

20V engines sound good when not in a MK4 or Audi A what ever....

Witness the noise of Graham Vanstones' Normally Aspirated 20V MK1.....sounds excellent.

Sh!t mate... what happened?? I am running 340... your scaring me!!

What setup were you running and what management. Looks a very tidy install, who did that for you? What management were you running?

tsr done all the work :roll: and i have the emerald m3d t3/t4 turbo but don't wory about it she only went bang cos of the map and charge temps :x she will be back on the road mid march with 500+++++ bhp :lol:

ant got a clue what throttle cable is off but i can find out no probs and yes it has quaife box + LSD but i think she will still spin for england tho :lol: :lol: i will have a custom intercooler made up + charge cooller on her

ant got a clue what throttle cable is off but i can find out no probs and yes it has quaife box + LSD but i think she will still spin for england tho :lol: :lol: i will have a custom intercooler made up + charge cooller on her

And with 500 bhp you'll spin the Globe mate! If the weather suddenly gets bad and the daylight timezones get messed up, we'll know who to blame!

maddub

do you know what the throttle cable is from,been looking for a long one for ages 8)

looks nice and neat in there 8)

i used a golf MKII 16v one

Mad dub ... what are your inlet temps at the moment.. ive got a charge cooler and find mind on ahrd hard rag hitting 34 c