Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

silver bulbs!

not sure this is the right forum for this...but i suppose it IS a mod of sorts

I bought some FK's in the recent group buy, and I'd like to keep the top clusters looking nice and clear with some silver bulbs, only thing is halfarts dont seem to stock them and there arent that many other place round here that i can think of that would stock them.

secondly, i used the OE light housings with the new lights, and was going to put some orange indicators in for the time being, but i cant seem to find any that'll fit. The OE bulbs have little 'pegs' that are directly oposite each other where as everything they had in halfords had them at slight angles to each other. Is there a certain fitment i need?

need help with this cos at the moment i've got white indicators and no doubt with my luck i'll get pulled for it!

you can get silvertech bulbs from most decent independant car part places, just tell 'em that you're after some orange flashing silvertech bulbs with a straight pin (not offset pin) fitment and they should be able to sort you out... I've just ordered some for my FK rears and also for my clear side repeaters from my local shop... They normally keep 'em in stock, but had just run out... :roll:

Hope this helps... 8)

For a temp bodge, cut one of the pegs off the orange bulbs so that it'll fit in the original fitment... :wink:

Go to silverfusion.com that where I got mine from, and look at the diffrence they make:

i couldnt find silver bulbs when i did my rear lights...chrome spray on std bulbs does the job,mine are still good after 1 year

they still flash orange and look silver inside the lamp,job done :lol:

i couldnt find silver bulbs when i did my rear lights...chrome spray on std bulbs does the job,mine are still good after 1 year

they still flash orange and look silver inside the lamp,job done :lol:

That's just cheating... :roll: :wink:

Good thinking though... Wish I'd have thought of that!

I thought about that steveo, wasnt sure if it'd work! anyway, i ordered some off areospeed so fingers crossed I dont get spotted going round any corners in the next few days! which do you recon would be worse? being pulled for not indicating or being pulled for having white bulbs? :?