Sign in to follow this  
4eyes2wheels

Wheel Refurb Surrey

Was toying with different wheels, bought some by mistake that had the wrong sized tyres, sold them on again. Now liking the 15 inch speedlines again but they are a bit tatty. One especially is a fairly badly kerbed. Been thinking of buying a couple or more speedlines to switch things around but that is ball ache and can't find really good speedlines for the budget I have.

So I turn to the idea of refurbing what I have.

Anyone any experience of refurbers in Surrey? Ideally looking for someone to do a mobile service as I don't have the tools / facilities to remove all the wheels at once.

Heard of wicked wheels (as seen on Wheeler Dealers) b ut they are looking for £65 per corner PLUS VAT.

www.wheeldoctor.biz quote from £45 per corner.

So any recommendations please?

They look pretty decent (to my untrained eye) so am tempted to get 4 speedlines and get them refurbed then get my tyres swapped over then flog my speedlines. Hmmm I sense a plan formulating here . . .

Based on three quotes from local mobile refurbers it is cheaper to buy some new wheels, take them to these guys and have a decent job done!

I had a set of 15's refurbed at Wicked Wheels in Guilford a few months ago, they did an excellent job at a decent price - significantly cheaper than £65 a corner.

Kevin is the man to talk to there, though he's usually very busy.

I have just brought myself a set of Speedlines for £30 and they are in need of a refurb, so started looking on the net and found these guys.

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/OLDSITE/index.htm

Going to give them a good in a few weeks time.

Yes, otherwise known as BJV Engineering (http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk) - they are very well thought of by lots of people, and very good value as you can see. Was very happy with my set.

My friend had some wheels done at a place in Staines, I can't remember the name of the place, but they were cheaper than £65 a corner, but that was a special offer (we found the offer on detailing world forums). I've not been impressed with the results though, I'll find out the name of the place.

If the wheels are straight with no major kerbing you could try using a powder coating company. I am in the process of having set of steels media blasted and coated for £100.

Picked up the wheels today - 4 straight Speedlines for £30 in the end - plus a longish drive to be fair but that was good fun in the Corrado 8)

So now on the hunt for a cost effective way of getting them looking tidy.