Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

new fuel pump

i have just received a new fuel pump from TPS, and it looks like a need the new sender to go with it (new pump is different to old pump).

however, the two fuel pipes that run from the inlet of the fuel tank to the top of the pump could do with replacing aswell. anyone know where i can get something similar from? VW have discontinued the pipes now, so no new ones available.

the pump is the all in tank one, part no: 1HO 919 651 Q

new sender should be part no: 1HO 919 673 F

its for a 91 G60,

any ideas would be greatfully received, Rob

Mate, how much was the new fuel pump? I may need mine replacing. Every now and again, and only recently, the car cuts out while I'm driving! Pretty scary stuff.

The g60 one is an all in one unit. The valver runs a lift pump and main pump underneath the car.

My g60 pump worked out the best part of £200 with the new fuel guage sender you need.

The original g60 pump is obsolete, so you need the later version and hence the new sender.

I'm not sure how the vr pump works? Same thing as the g60? Gsf won't sell the pump, it's a genuine job so TPS if you can. Pm me if you get stuck