Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Found the wheels I want at last

Took some effort to find some pics of the wheels I want as they are quite rare VW MK4 Golf ones, have only seen a handful wearing these rims but they are lush in my opinion and might suit corrados.

http://www.volkswagen.r66.co.uk/new/nat ... eId=123157

Anyone know what the stud pattern of MK4 Golfs and VR6 Corrados are? Hopefully they're both 5x100.

I'll ring the stealer tomorrow for a wheel model and offset info etc but anyone know if that wheel company that come to inters have them? Or there number?

Cheers

Kev

Took some effort to find some pics of the wheels I want as they are quite rare VW MK4 Golf ones, have only seen a handful wearing these rims but they are lush in my opinion and might suit corrados.

http://www.volkswagen.r66.co.uk/new/nat ... eId=123157

Anyone know what the stud pattern of MK4 Golfs and VR6 Corrados are? Hopefully they're both 5x100.

I'll ring the stealer tomorrow for a wheel model and offset info etc but anyone know if that wheel company that come to inters have them? Or there number?

Cheers

Kev

pretty sure they'll be identical stud patterns........and would imagine the offsets would be the same

i take it you mean monty's.....i would imagine they would be able to sort something out for you.............just do a search(on google or similar) for monty's wheels and you should get their web-site

I checked on a american site and there are 'A' chassis and 'B' chassis, the A chassis has 5x100 and the B chassis has 5x112, god only knows how you tell the difference other than physically measuring them! I'll check with dealer tomorrow, pretending to be interested in the car of course :oops:

I checked on a american site and there are 'A' chassis and 'B' chassis, the A chassis has 5x100 and the B chassis has 5x112, god only knows how you tell the difference other than physically measuring them! I'll check with dealer tomorrow, pretending to be interested in the car of course :oops:

5x112's as far as i know are passat's stud pattern and these wouldn't fit C's so reckon the ones you are after will fit perfectly :wink:

Montys hasn't got a website, so I'll grab a PVW or something tomorrow.

Cheers anyway

Kev

oh yes they have!!!....well they did have a few months ago :wink:

oh no they don't :oops: :oops: they seemingly use e-bay for advertising now :? anyway here is a contact number that might be active

Monty's Wheels & Tyres,Iver........01753 440006

hth

I think these wheels are called Santa Monica's and they'll fit straight onto a C, as the mk4 has the same 5x100 stud pattern. The offset should be spot on as well! Look in the sports and performance section of the autotrader, in the audi and VW sections there is usually an advert for VAG alloys with tyres!

HTH

I think those wheels would really suit the Corrado. Good choice Kev 8)

Yes they are indeed Santa Monicas and are 17" or 16". http://www.premier-wheels.co.uk sell 17" ones for £699 with tyres or £450 without. They are a really nice wheel. I rang Vince because these wheels are ET35 and VR6 wheels are ET46. He says they won't work well on the plus running gear, causing tramlining, bumpsteer and possible arch fouling. Arse. Anyone with a VR6 running ET35 wheels suffering any ill-effects?

Kev