Sign in to follow this  
bighands

100 mph no wipers!

Are the motors on these beasts bad?? i never really had a chance 2 check them out untill yesterday, comming back from woking, opened her up as ya do, hit a 100 and the window wipers stoped in the middle of the screen!! they seem 2 struggle anyway, with no real diffrence between fast and slow, new motor needed? or another niggle in the corrado history? 1.8 16v by the way!

Sounds like your motors are getting old or you have far too much pressure of the blades on the windscreen (unlikely!).

yea they are the worst window wipers i have ever had the unpleasure of having 2 put up with! so what cars can i steal one off? same as a golf? do it at the end of the summer me thinks! cheers andi in advance! im lost with out this website!!

You had a look at the Lupo wiper mod? Worth it.

"Use the search, Luke..."

Exactly what happened to my VR on Friday night, after an hour of continuous high speed wipe the motor just gave up the ghost mid wipe. It actually turned out to have stripped the cog in that little gearbox bit on the end. I didn't have time to mess about so I had to get another from the stealers - another seventy quid down the pan :( , dead easy to fit though :) . Funny thing is the motors fine so If you can bodge your gearbox and my motor.... Only thing is I think the part number changed at 'K' plate so might not be any use to you.

Mike

Have any of you tried rain-x :?: I is really good when you hit 60mph plus you don't need wipers :D i use it all thw time!

cheers for all the replys lads, bodging sounds like my cup of tea! lol, but think i need 2 make sure it wont break when i need em most fella! cheers for the offer tho, yea u definatly need wipers at a ton! quite scary it was hard rain, with the lights not being uprated yet, it was a case of stamping on the anchors! talk bout not seeing a thing! rain x? wouldnt that at normay speeds, with the wipers n, make them even worse? i can only imagine that its like a wax or oil, so major smering? no?

I have been doing 74miles a day on the M27 and unless it is really really heavy rain i didn't need to use the wipers even going 110mph 120mph it still works! It is only at low speeds that it doesn't work (bellow 60mph ish) there isn't enough wind to clear the water!

p.s. If you don't put it on right it doesn't work half as well!

The way i see it anything that helps you see when your doing a 100mph is well worth a fiver!

RainX is the muts nuts I reckon, once you've used it you'll never look back! A regular application is required depending on your washer addidtive, I use RainX additive and would recomend you re-apply about every 6 weeks, depending on wiper use & weather