Sign in to follow this  
mark16v

new car advice

rite, gona sell the matt black 16v and make the plunge and get a vr6, was just wondering if anyone had any advice as to what to look for as i can only afford to spend about £2000 so its going to be a high milage unfortunately, looking at the blackberry one on pistonheads at the moment, looks pretty mint! and also was going to ask what there like on fuel, im assuming about £5 pound will get me about 25 miles? thanks in advance for any help!!!

ok, thats not so bad i guess, and im assuming thats driving it carefully? mind you i bet its worth it for the sound of the engine!!

ok, thats not so bad i guess, and im assuming thats driving it carefully? mind you i bet its worth it for the sound of the engine!!

I wouldnt say that carefully :grin:

VR's arent too bad mpg wise to be fair. Its just the price of petrol that is rubbish!

I have done 39mpg before at a constant 45mph......

Mixed driving does 25mpg and motorway cruisin between 70-100 does 31mpg (at 70-80 you can do 35ish). Listening to the roar in 2nd gear around town does about 12-15 :grin:

Mixed driving does 25mpg and motorway cruisin between 70-100 does 31mpg (at 70-80 you can do 35ish). Listening to the roar in 2nd gear around town does about 12-15 :grin:

ohhh dear im going to end up spending a fortune on petrol!! do you have any tips on things to look out for when i go look at the car, common faults ect, i already know about usual faults, like door handles spoler, sunroof, heater matrix ect!