Sign in to follow this  
C5 OEM

Another day another neighbour hits my car..!!

After one week of owning my storm the 18 year old daughter of one of my neighbours opened her door and hit my door, it was that hard i heard it from my back garden at which point i looked out and saw the guy walk off. I checked it out and then followed to his house at which point he asked straight away if there was any damage..!!! the damage was very bad but didnt break the paint so i agreed for him to arrange a dent guy he knew to try and remove it..

The dent has been 90% removed but would need the whole side of the car painting to be as it was... i didnt want to go down that route so agreed compensation of more dents removed from my golf and money towards wheel refurb..

Just when i have managed to forget about that and try not to look at my door as much my next door neighbour has just called round and said her mother was a tad drunk and opened her door and done it again..!!! its not caused a dent but marked the paint work..!!!

Now what do i do..!!!! i park my cars inches away from each other so as to avoid this...

DSCF6041.jpg

DSCF6039.jpg

Now what do i do..!!!!

easy: figure out who's guilty and open their head with an axe. Next time they'll not park that close to your car.

Now what do i do..!!!!

easy: figure out who's guilty and open their head with an axe. Next time they'll not park that close to your car.

Good advice... next time they will defo think twice before upsetting you in anyway!

At least they owned up, you should see the ones i have got on mine and now one to pay for it except me.! :mad2:

you can get these bumper bars that i've seen before, they look a bit ugly but stick to the side of car somehow while parked.

failing that you could stick some kind of slimline bollard around your parking spots :lol:

That's bad luck and very annoying. Could you maybe do a deal with one of the neighbours to park in the 2 end bays?

Just checking.. so both parking spaces no 6 are yours and as you say you park your two cars as close as possible to leave more room between your space and other peoples?

Is the owner of the space next to your golf any more careful than the one next to your Storms space? If so swap cars over?

Or, as others have said, it seems to be a case of needing some serious buffering some how though quite how I don't know.

Wrap them in bubble pack each night ?

Would one of your neighbours agree to swopping parking bays, so you could park on the end and at least minimise this happening again.

All agree to park the cars facing the same way, so then you could put some protection on the door where it is most likley to be damaged.

I know I would be pulling my hair out.

I have had to resort to parking in a multi storey twice weekly and I observe the new dings in the doors.

I always park next to one of the post, so i can only be parked against one side, I even try to make sure it is the same side, to reduce the overal damage.

Good luck in coming to a satisfactory resolve.

Im feeling your anger.

My neighbour has reversed into my car twice in her merc estate. 1st time she dented the front drivers wing completely in and drove off, 2nd time she hit the rear bumper scuffing all the paint off and cracking all the paint on the top and again drove off. When i confronted her about the wing she said she didnt do it so I called the police who after looking at the damage on both cars and paint fragments proved that it was her. She then paid up £400 cash for a 2nd hand wing, paint and at the same time i had the bonnet sprayed and also the front bumper. Money for the rear bumper is still pending.

A few weeks after the wing was fitted and and the front end was all sprayed and gleaming the local kids decided to ride bikes around and around the car catching the front bumper with their pedals and wheel nuts making a right mess of the paint on the bumper. One also fell onto the bonnet with his bike scratching it badly :censored: what can you do :shrug: Some other kids knocked my door and told me what had happened but wouldnt say who did it, plus they are all under 16.

Im like you, no drive or garage at the moment and the kids use the car park as a football pitch/bike track/stone throwing arena/infact anything laying around tends to get thrown around. :bad-words:

:offtopic:

I think people are just dumb. One of my neighbours drove through my wall, carried on and parked up. When my dad confronted her she denyed it. But i think the bricks all over her car was proof enough :lol:

Just checking.. so both parking spaces no 6 are yours and as you say you park your two cars as close as possible to leave more room between your space and other peoples?

Is the owner of the space next to your golf any more careful than the one next to your Storms space? If so swap cars over?

Or, as others have said, it seems to be a case of needing some serious buffering some how though quite how I don't know.

They were parked the other way round but thats when the other side dented it the first time..!!! cant win its as though because there is more room they are less causious..

So what now do i make them pay for it..? its not gonna buff out and doubt it can be touched and blended..? to be right it`d have to be painted but then your into 2 panels..!!!

+1

have pretty much given up on it now the amount of dents. Used to get mega mega p!ssed off with this happening. Now, it's a case of just accept that in a few months time I'll save up and get the dents taken out. Then I'll be doing everything possible to safe guard against it starting over again.

The clip-on side bumper things would work, but reckon you'd find people being even more careless and really giving it some welly with their doors into yours.

I just got my Storm back yesterday and after it's first good wash since return from garage have noticed a hand sized area of 'sand paper type scratchs' on the roof :censored: reckon someone just left a heavy box on the roof that had dirt/grit on the bottom, then just dragged the box off the roof instaed of lifting it. and also a weird 'snail with acid tail trail' mark over the front driver wing :bad-words: I've no idea what did it, but reckon it was the garage again :mad2:

my only way of re-dressing the balance, in my mind at least!!, is to keep her clean, keep her looking awesome and keep it on the road. I reckon alot of these dings are caused by doosh-bags who can't bare to see a dude, or dudess, driving a nice car, and decide to be a little extra heavy handed when it comes to getting in or out of their rep mobiles/bland euroboxes.

I feel for you mate, ive found a few bumps and scratches recently. It annoys the hell out of me. :mad2:

Dont know if you'll find this a little extreme and/or obsessive. But why dont you get a camera installed that records to your computer. And put a sign up saying the cars are being watched. That way they may think twice about being so careless and you'll be able to find out who it is if they do knock your car and its a security measure for thieves.

extreme??? Obessive??? on this site??? :lol: :wave:

mate, it's fair to say we all signed off on that when we bought these cars!

my new thing is dusting down the, ahem, official car mats, so when I look over to the passenger one it's pristine, added to the clean clutter free cabin, get the whole 'new car' impression.... :help:

Next I'll be walking down the street like Jack Nicolson in 'As good as it gets' :lol:

Back on topic - friend of mine had an audio proximity sensor thingy that buzzed if you walked near the car. Would maybe get the person to consider the car is there first before they smash their door into it. I'd re-prog mine to sound like the 'Family Fortunes' buzzer..URR'URR!