Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

Coolant Loss

I have tryed using the search option through older posts but i can't find a clear answer to what my problem is

Right i have been driveing the car more regularly now but i have noticed that the car is useing a little coolant as i am frequently topping it up every 500miles. I have checked for mayo under the oil cap and dipstick as i thought it could be the head gasket but nothing the car is not overheating either the gauge sits about 95c all the time. There are no visible leaks either. Anyone know where the coolant could be going? leaky matrix?

Advice appreciated

Paul

Forgot to say the car dosn't put any white smoke out the tailpipe att all, i replaced the thermostat houseing less than a year ago so i don't think it will be leaking there, took the car for a long drive tonight came back and had a wee check under the oil cap and dipstick and there was no mayo, gauge sat at a constant 95c oil was about 100-104c throughout.

my car has decided to ditch its water tonight

I had a look underneath the car its dripping off the power steering pump is the water pump above this?

ok so i changed the kneck pipe at the top of the radiator at the weekend and i also checked the two water pumps for any leaks i couldnt spot any leaks but the car is still looseing in coolant, anyone got any ideas as to what could be causeing this?

my car has decided to ditch its water tonight

I had a look underneath the car its dripping off the power steering pump is the water pump above this?

Yes it is directly above the power steering pump,

I would say either the pump is shot of the crack pipe (the pipe that carries water from the pump to the thermostat housing) rubber O ring has failed above water pump.

i thought it could be the heater matrix jon but the carpets are bone dry so i have really no idea where the hell its going :(

i thought it could be the heater matrix jon but the carpets are bone dry so i have really no idea where the hell its going :(

Can you leave a piece of cardboard under the car at night after you've come back from a drive out just so you get an idea of any leaks or have you done that already??

Checked all your hoses?? as maybe theres a leak and its going onto the manifold and burning off leaving no trace ??