Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Vroooooom!! Picked up my car!

Well... its mean, its green, its low, and it sounds like an AEROPLANE!

I think the noise off that charger/exhaust/cat bypass/air filter combination is gonna take some getting used to.. I hope that my headache is not from enjoying the car, but just one of those things.

Economy seems rather good considering.. seemed to notch up about 32MPG after driving round this evening. Better economy than I used to get on my 16v! :roll:

I'll try get some pics up in the members gallery as soon as poss - well when its daylight.

Mine sound like a jet lmao

*fixed your quote - henny* :p

I think the noise off that charger/exhaust/cat bypass/air filter combination is gonna take some getting used to.. I hope that my headache is not from enjoying the car, but just one of those things.

Economy seems rather good considering.. seemed to notch up about 32MPG after driving round this evening. Better economy than I used to get on my 16v! :roll:

I'll try get some pics up in the members gallery as soon as poss - well when its daylight.

now your a made man one of us 8) :2gunfire: :2gunfire:

Hey hey, another G60 guy !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Right, when do we get a little Coventry meetup then? Dying to see yours, how about one evening this week?

Tempest

Yeah because of the wheels its looked different every time its been in the gallery! Brookescourt = Speedline Competition 2's, Leew = Borbet T's, jims16v (gotta change that) = some BBS's off a BMW!!

Tempest.. sometime this week sounds fine. Wanna try get Joby involved too?

Already finding car parks a bit of a problem.. if you know what I mean. I think multistorey car parks are gonna be a no no.

Gonna have to talk to Stealth Racing about raising the suspension a bit I think! :(

Its turning some serious heads though... :D

Not yet... can't really get out of work to take pictures! :(

Will get some for the weekend, I am sure.

Nice one another G60 ! what green is it ? my is dragon green. Yeah the noise is great you will soon grow to love it :wink:

Did you enjoy the drive home then mate :D ...i had to drive a rover 200 to work today :(

Lee,

I got on with the quick shifter a lot faster than I was expecting to! Though I am on occasion finding it hard to find second gear when changing out of first, and sometimes reverse as well. But I suspect thats just me not being used to it.

The drive home was nice.. felt odd to be back behind the wheel of a C. Trundled back at a steady pace and got some good economy so...

Thanks for all the bits btw - I unloaded the boot and carried out bags of stuff.. gonna sort through it on the weekend! Didnt realise quite how much there was!! :)

Not quite used to the NOISE of the car yet.. its VERY loud, and is gonna take some getting used to.

Found the little twisty knob to turn the gain down on the bass box - nice one for that. And I took some passengers in the car and they remarked that the leather seats in the back are oodles more comfortable than the regular cloth ones I used to have on my valver, so thats a result.

Only problems so far.. right wing mirror doesn't seem to wanna move though via the controls.. left works fine. That and the suspension is not too compatible with my works car park - the dip in the kerb raises to sharply and is causing a little scraping of the black chin spoiler. Are the Koni's height adjustable, or is it just the stiffness of the damper?

Well done Jim - glad you'er properly back! :)

What's your new car Lee? Other than the Rover that is :)

Sorry to here about the wing mirror, I only used it once to set it how I wanted it, maybe a wire is lose?.

The suspension is both damper adjustable and ride height (don't you just love coil-overs!!!) The adjusting spanners are in the boot. Basically, jack the car up remove the wheels (one at a time) and wind up the collars that you will see on the threaded suspension strut. Make sure you measure them before and after. It is really easy to do.

VR6, I'm in the process of buying a Golf 1.8 turbo. I've heard alot about these engines so I thought I would try one :wink:

Thanks for the reply lee.

I'm not too worried about the wing mirror tbh - I know they are rather troublesome on Corrado's anyway (the mirrors on my last C only worked whenever they felt like it) - and once they are set, they are set.

Will definately get the suspension sorted out soon though.. thanks for telling me about that! :)

Lee,

Your gonna miss the sound of the G60, I know I do!

The 20v turbo is a nice engine though, not the most powerfull on paper but seems to have a very flat torque curve. One thing I do like is the way the revs dont drop when changing gear at speed so you have instant power again without having to build the revs up again.

One of the bad things (along with the sound) is when you are waiting at a roundabout or junction, see a gap and try to nip into it only to find yourself crawling out into the road untill the turbo spools up, then you wheelspin up the road like a madman! You cant beat a supercharger for instant power.

Cheers,

Rob.

I know for sure that I am going to miss that sound. I remember going to a exhaust centre once, you know the type, big metal shed. The sound echoing around the building was unbelievable!!! all the other customers just turned and looked and it wasn't the exhaust it was the charger...oh no i'm getting sentimental :(