Sign in to follow this  
unitfight

how do you test throttle switches on a g60??

think my throttle switches are messing around, ive disconnected the plug and tried my ohms meter over the pins, the reading fluctuates when going on and off the stage 1 switch, but i dont seem to get any reading when it goes to stage 2.

new switches are £100, so i dont want to order unless completely necessary!

is there any other way to test them?? should it be giving me an ohms reading on stage 2??

cheers guys

'kin 'ell,£100 for two simple crap switchs??.

Try starting the car and manually open the throttle so that the stop doesn't operate the idle switch,then manually depress the full throttle switch,the engine should bog down from the enriched mixture.

I've got a few switchs left over that work if you need let me know.

yeah have tried that today. held the throttle open at about 2k revs and pushed the microswitch with hardly noticable, if any difference. yet when i held it open and pushed in the idle switch it went frikkin bonkers!!

ive got my boss to order me a set of switches but if you have a spare set which are working, i'll bloody have em!!

let me know asap, cheers fella

also tested my heated lambda today as thought that may be part of the problem, but that came up trumps!

had a thought about it, i decided to order the new set. im pretty sure thats what has gone tits up, and i thought if i fit them and it still runs shite its defo something else!

where as if i fitted a second hand set, id have no guarantee they are fully functioning. still screwing at the 100 notes its costing though!!

cheers for the offer though fella, fully appreciate it! now you dug them out you can stick them on the 'bay' :)

switches already ordered now. arriving 2morrow, so will let you know the results.

cheers though fella, appreciate that!

new switches are on back order :censored:

many thanks to VEEDUBBED for donating me a spare set to try out. will post up when they are fitted

the switches are just basic compact sealed microswitches and if i remember correctly where made by a company called "cherry", when mine stopped working i just popped them apart cleaned the contacts with brake cleaner and they have been fine for the last 2 years.

Was gonna rip them apart for cleaning, but as its my daily, dont want to risk damaging them even more!

when i get the spare set from veedubbed i can have a play!

will post when i get them

any reason you wont test em with a multmiter? it like a 1 minute job , and multimeters can had for £10 or less

already have mate. well i done an ohms resistance check. dont get any reading whatsoever when stage 2 micro switch is engaged

a switch should read open infinite ohms when open and then when shut should read zero ohms.

Did you shut the contacts on the switch when testing?

it did hessitate before i fitted the switches on full throttle. now it does goes when you want it to....just not all that well!

dont really know where else to look apart from boost, or charger.

but i do hear alot about people changing the ecu relays?? whats all that about?

thats relay just supplies power to the ecu.This is sometimes the culprit for starting or intermittent running issues.

If you have not changed it b4 it is a good idea to change it now anyway as part of good maintenance.

Yes check your boost system first. 8)

cheers fella! am in the midst of checking the boost system, replacing perishing hoses, but i am in need of a boost guage!

one other thing i thought of is, i have a straight through exhaust system and it was to loud, so i fitted a decibel reducer in to the tailpipe, and welded it in.

when i give it a good hiding, it does sound like it it strangeling it a little!? could it be creating too much back pressure?? hence holding back?

... I wouldn't like to say,depends on how much of a restriction it presents to the engine ability to breath.

Doesn't sound ideal.

Get a cheap boost guage and check what pressures your charger is producing first. :)

Is the charger in standard form?