Sign in to follow this  
hayesVR6

Rear ARB

Hello peeps, need some info. Looking to buy a set of ARBs for her soon but would anyone have a picture showing distance between bar and exhaust on a VR lowered by around 40mm. Exhaust is getting replaced in week or so hence reason i need to know the space available, thanks.

If it's being replaced with a standard exhaust, that's fine. Some large aftermarket silencers like the Supersprint need a 'ding' knocking into it's side to allow clearance. I think the Magnex clears aswell. What make of exhaust are you going for?

Cheers Kev, local engineer, custom fabrication probably 2.5 inch. Is 3 inch too large? I should have already gotten the arb before exhaust. Tried to get an Eibach but 6 weeks delivery.

Cheers Kev, local engineer, custom fabrication probably 2.5 inch. Is 3 inch too large? I should have already gotten the arb before exhaust. Tried to get an Eibach but 6 weeks delivery.

give g-werkes a bell as they normally stock the weitec and kw ARB's all the time, and 2.5" is fine for a NA vr6, if in the futre your thinking turbo then 3" is the way forward.

karl

Cheers mate, don't tempt me with the turbo, trying to put that at the back of my mind. I'll try g-werkes in the morning, think their about the only place i haven't called. Pics anyone?