Sign in to follow this  
John-M

DUBpower 24V 6-branch conversion Manifolds

How many of you who have 24V engines fitted have also got one of DUBpower's 24V 6-branch comversion manifolds fitted ?

I'm considering getting one, but seem to remember that some ppl had experienced problems with fitment, knocking etc ( tho I cant find the threads now ).

My 24V C is my daily/only car, so I really can't afford to have problems - I want it, as much as possible, to be 'fit and leave'.

Any opinions/experience welcomed :)

Whats wrong with the one thats on it? I wouldnt change it unless you have to as I dont think there have been too many people happy with the fit on the Corrado.

I have one fitted to my converted rado. nice bit of kit but still having to over come some fouling issues. Latest after talking to the guy seems to be that I need to lower the back of the engine by 20mm. so its not really an off the shelf part for a corrado r32 conversion.

customer service is top notch though.

Yep, doesn't fit correctly, Pete designed them for a MK2 (which have no fitment issues at all from what Vince was telling me!) and just assumed it would be the same for the Corrado when clearly it's not! As said they are made very well, a lovely looking manifold and Pete is a nice guy.

Mine was fouling the exhaust tunnel underneath so I had to angle grind a chunk off, heat up the manifold to try and bend it (which it wouldn't), changed engine mounts etc but my exhaust still sits sh*t and knocks/rattles when hot. Makes driving the car daily really annoying for me :(

And there's no chance I'd get the cat back on for the next MOT as it would be pushed against the side of the tunnel.

Thanks for the replies - saw the kit at GTi Inter this last weekend, sure looks nice.

But I just can't afford to have any after-fit issues :)

My current manifold/downpipes seem to be blowing a little, but I guess a more simple fix is to just get that done and maybe not bother with the aesthetically more pleasing 6-branch.

Thanks again for the replies :)

fixed the problem today, just modified the rear engine mount, trimmed it down by 15mm and now seems OK. Maybe dubpower will adapt the manifold now they know its a fitment problem specific to corrado's. Ill have a word with Pete and see what he has to say.

I wonder if it's worth taking yours off Rob and bending it round more with a welding torch?

Pete tried that with it on the car after I first fitted it and it wouldn't budge. I think the best option is to take it off and get it bent properly. I'd rather not go chopping my engine mounts if I can help it, the downpipes should fit right in the first place tbh!

I'll put up with it for now (along with everything else!!) whilst I save up a bit and then I think I'm gunna do a bunch of jobs at once.

See i think thats what PSI do with the engine mounts but they still use the "hybrid" Mk4 / Corrado downpipe.

This was one of the reasons I did not install the Gemini box as it led to the engine tilting to the drivers side and ultimately there was potential of not fully lubricating the two shaft bearings on the new box.

I wonder if it's worth taking yours off Rob and bending it round more with a welding torch?

Pete tried that with it on the car after I first fitted it and it wouldn't budge. I think the best option is to take it off and get it bent properly. I'd rather not go chopping my engine mounts if I can help it, the downpipes should fit right in the first place tbh!

I'll put up with it for now (along with everything else!!) whilst I save up a bit and then I think I'm gunna do a bunch of jobs at once.

have you already modified the rear engine mount? If not, this should help you out.

have you already modified the rear engine mount? If not, this should help you out.

No I've not modified any of the mounts, sounds like it's worth doing though.

See i think thats what PSI do with the engine mounts but they still use the "hybrid" Mk4 / Corrado downpipe.

My car has a 'PSI-modified' rear engine mount, but I never managed to find out from them why it was modified. All I learned from them was that the metal 'sleeve' round the mount was removed - which incidently resulted in my VW dealer refusing to fit a brand new engine mount 'because it needed to be modified' !!

i mentioned that to get the manifold to clear properly you need to modify the rear engine mount about 16 months ago, it also makes the engine sit level so causing less strain on the driveshafts.

you may knock the way the manifold sits in a corrado, but you cannot knock the after sales help you get from pete at dubpower.

i mentioned that to get the manifold to clear properly you need to modify the rear engine mount about 16 months ago, it also makes the engine sit level so causing less strain on the driveshafts.

you may knock the way the manifold sits in a corrado, but you cannot knock the after sales help you get from pete at dubpower.

Yup, you did mention it. But I didnt want to believe you :tongue: Was just hoping I didnt have to modify the mount. And yeah the engine sits nice and lovely. Handling seems to have improved too :grin: