Sign in to follow this  
nigwell

MEGA Exhaust Systems

Hi

Does anyone know where or which supplier in the UK stocks MEGA exhaust systems as i wanted one for my VR6, i was after one with a round pipe about 5-6" in diamieter.

Nigwell :)

6" diameter!!! :shock: Each to their own I suppose.

Sorry not too sure but for that size, it may be a custom job.

it was only a thought? now i think about it! that is on the big side :? what do you think of a Scorpion "Boxer" System??

What's the point, the standard VR6 system is not restrictive, is stainless (so I'm told) and has a big enough tailpipe in my opinion. 6" pipes are for rice mobiles.

Kev

94 VR6

Well.. I don't want to slag off peoples ideas at all... but I think a pipe like that would just not suit the Corrado at all.

I personally like the look of any stainless system which mimics the original oval style exhaust tip - looks just right on the Corrado.

I also rather like the DTM style but no one else around here does... or do they? :)

I also rather like the DTM style but no one else around here does... or do they? :)

oh no jim...a week of saxo ownership and your taste is turning a bit max power/revs!!!!!!!! :lol: LOL

seriously though dtm is very dated these days but your dead right about the oval style suiting the C better i must admit i quite like the twin pipe rear boxes though....and as for the "wheelbarrow" look thats all the rage now.....why??????!!!!!?????

Okay Nigel, it appears people have the wrong idea about this. The exhaust I think you are talking about is probably the SUPERSPRINT MEGA system, which was a 4" round system with a 3" internal pipe and lots of sound-proofing. I used to have one on the G60. Excellent build quality and hang together really well. BUT they do need extra strong hangers as they weigh quite a bit. Bloody good sound and I think they look excellent. So phooey to you all :lol: :shock:

And here was me thinking that you, the purist, had come to slag off the exhaust size.......

:lol:

I was always trying to save up to get a Supersprint system for my Corrado but because of all the little problems, never managed to afford one. But they did look like very very nice systems indeed.

:oops: why didn't someone say so, never heard of the supersprint "mega" system, just sounds like Max power though without the supersprint bit.

Supersprint make great exhausts, the one on mine is mint in the sound it produces. simply priceless

BTW Went to Gibralter to day in the Misses Car, did the shopping and I brought a Copy of Maxpower, due to the fact that it is the only mag that i can get at the moment. My PVW supplier dried up. And the golf mag i stopped buying last year as it go to repetative. And we payed 44p per liter!!! :lol: for petrol!!

Nigel,

We'll have to arrange the VW equivilant of a Red Cross parcel and post you PVW over every month if you are really desperate for it :)

And here was me thinking that you, the purist, had come to slag off the exhaust size.......

Cheeky sod :wink: I'm only the purist because I've had death threats if I do anything to the Campaign...

Isn't it amazing that just by mentioning that they were made SuperSprint it has totally swung the conversation on this one :roll:

I still think that at the end of the day, if and when my VW exhaust wears out, the Corrado will get a SuperSprint mega system. My Scirocco Storm wears a Jetex twin-pipe system at the moment which needs replacing after 9 years of service, but Jetex haven't got any in a the moment apparently as there's too little demand for them to make a batch. :shock: So I've got to wait, good job it's sitting pretty in the garage at the moment....

Cheeky sod :wink: I'm only the purist because I've had death threats if I do anything to the Campaign...

Isn't it amazing that just by mentioning that they were made SuperSprint it has totally swung the conversation on this one :roll:

I still think that at the end of the day, if and when my VW exhaust wears out, the Corrado will get a SuperSprint mega system. My Scirocco Storm wears a Jetex twin-pipe system at the moment which needs replacing after 9 years of service, but Jetex haven't got any in a the moment apparently as there's too little demand for them to make a batch. :shock: So I've got to wait, good job it's sitting pretty in the garage at the moment....

I cant comment on the "mega" system never heard of it before till the other day, let alone heard/seen one!! I only said i liked mine!! 8) :lol: :roll:

Got a complete SuperSprint system on my G60 and it looks and sounds great. Its the oval pipe one. The reason I chose it was that it was the closest to the original as possible. No regrets, expensive though!

As roddy will testify, the exhaust on my g60 is way to loud.

I phoned up the place that fitted it (before I bought car) and they said the same as pau1 had. That it only had 2 boxes in it, so adding a 3rd would make a big difference.

They said it would be 50 quid to do and make no diferrence to power etc...

I am sold

(Its a powerflow custom for those interested)

A G60 with Cat should have two boxes and the Cat

A g60 without a CAT should have three boxes

and a Decated G60 should have a Decat pipe and two boxes, before you all say it the decat pipe is a small box!!!

hmmmm

now you have confused me.

I'll need to speak to jimmy powerflow at the place it was done.

he seemed to think it could have another one.

As roddy will testify, the exhaust on my g60 is way to loud.

Pardon!!!.....me ears haven't recovered yet

seriously its way way way too loud

that manifold is luverly!!!

aint it? I was so close to buying one!, only when i spoke to Star performance he told me what can happen if the head bolts are seized up..... I couldn't afford an extra £200+ if it went wrong! Got the de-cat and the centre box though, excellent quality, its mated to a Scorpion Boxer rear box. I really like this system not too loud, sounds really sporty, raw and thraty when you open it up! :lol: Really recommend supersprint though. i used to have a Supersprint centre box on my MKI with a janspeed back box (mild steel) i really loved the noise that made, even though it was a 1.1! and its probably the only reason i've kept it still and am planning alot of future project work round the exhaust, cause it really was that good!!!! When the SS box blew, couldnt afford a new one, whacked on a STD 1.8 GTI box and it neversounded the same... :cry:

So its definately worth the cash.

PS. Tom Ingram's Supercharged VR that was in The Golf Mag has a SS MEGA exhaust on it. Last time i looked you could see it on http://www.matey-matey.com