Sign in to follow this  
jma

Lenso BBS Style

Hi All

I have seen some Lenso BBS style alloy wheels & 205/55/16 tyres,Wheel spec is, ET28, 5 stud, 100 pcd. Will these fit onto a 1994 VR6. Cheers.

Hi

I went to see these Lenso '16' BSX yesterday they looked sweet. My car has been lowered with bilistein shocks and springs and I tried one of the wheels on rado they are quite large and were rubbing under the arch. Can you guys suggest what i should do as I was advised these would fit easily. My heart is set on these Lenso's as they would give my rado a facelift :D .Cheers

you haven't said what width the wheels are which will affect things if they are too big, but as said before, you have to change the tyres to the correct size.

sorry if i didnt make that sound compulsory before but i assumed you knew you cant just run tyres that are the wrong size. in that size the overall diameter of the wheel & tyre is 2inches too large which obviously doesnt work..

use this to understand how these things work - http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html

Cheers for that info, the wheels are the following Lenso BBS style alloy wheels & 205/55/16 tyres,Wheel spec is, ET28, 5 stud, 100 pcd. My question is that if I were to take the existing tyres and put on 205/50/16 or 205/45/16 would these still fit or is it a option to settle for 15 inch alloys. Could invest in some coilovers but dont want to spend anymore money as the Bilistein are doing the job nicely. :D

yeah you said all those details in your first post..

what i said above is that now we need to know how wide they are. ET28 doesnt tell us anything without knowing what width it applies to.

basically they will fit with 205/45 as long as they're not more than about 7-7.5in wide. if they're 8 or 9 then you'll need arch work

what i said above is that now we need to know how wide they are. ET28 doesnt tell us anything without knowing what width it applies to.

basically they will fit with 205/45 as long as they're not more than about 7-7.5in wide. if they're 8 or 9 then you'll need arch work

Cheers

I will find out out and let you know. :D

I run these on mine mate, theyre 7.5 inches wide and mine came fitted with 195/45/16 tyres. Think 215's are a bit over the top. Could be wrong mind

Just checked the width of tire its 205mm which makes it 8.07 inches. I have the standard speedlines on my vr which is 205/50/15. So will the Lenso's fit even if the car is lowered and is it true that its hard to get hold of '16'inch tyres and they may be more expensive than you '15' or '17' as its not a common size? :?

They're 7.5s, if u look in the first page of my build thread you'll see that I had some on my valver but mine were et25. I'd personaly run a 205/40 max or they'll look like baloons and you'll most likely have scrubbing issues. I had 195/45s on mine and they were chunky enough tbh.

They're 7.5s, if u look in the first page of my build thread you'll see that I had some on my valver but mine were et25. I'd personaly run a 205/40 max or they'll look like baloons and you'll most likely have scrubbing issues. I had 195/45s on mine and they were chunky enough tbh.

so would you suggest that i just stick to a set of '15's ?

i dont see any reason you need to go back to 15s if you've got such a nice set of wheels. you just need the some new tyres.

Pics2.jpg

this is the picture of Abdul's he mentions, i think that looks pretty good to me. 195/45 as shown there would be a good fit, if not 205/45 as they're a bit easier to get hold of. i dont think you'd have any need to go to 40 profile.

Dukest, thank for the reply any ideas on how much would it cost for a set of 205/45/16?. I have attached photographs of my vr.