Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

g60 experts please look

My friend has got a mk2 golf with a g60 engine in it but running an eaton m62 charger. Hes just put another m62 on it as the 1st one had a clutch on the pulley and it was making a hell of a noise, however with the new charger on its really flat, hes going to put the old charger on and see what its like then as with my boost gauge on it was only making around 2 psi with the new charger.

When its ticking over the boost gauge will read slap bang in the middle of vacuum and boost when it gets driven lightly the gauge dips in to vacuum and when its flat out the gauge will peak to like 2 psi. I thought they read vacuum at idle and as the throttle is increased it will come up to zero and then when the boost return closes to use the boost it will then start and read positive pressure. Thats how my last g60 worked and how my 20v turbo works now but his reads zero and then dips into vacuum as he applies the throttle, anbody know why? We took the boost gauge of the nipple on the back of the throttle body near where youre 1m hose comes off to go to the ecu. This is a converted car not an original g60. I dont undertand it lol :confused4:

If anbody has any ideas that would be great