VR6matty

Vr6matty's VRT... Respray Complete

incredibly awesome machine

The McLaren or the VRT?? ;)

The VRT of course :lol: the McLaren is a work of art though really a masterpiece of design, and being able to pull off being bright orange 8)

:D About time i got some decent wheels for the C, thanks to Tom (bananawhip) for sorting me out with this awesome set of rims!

some piccys.....

Nice rims dude but i cant help but think that those brakes will be a little overwhelmed by the 330 bhp u got :lol:

Cheers bud :D another one of the reasons for the new wheels! To be fair to them the 288s haven't done too badly, good pad disk combo, braided lines and a working abs setup makes a little bit of a difference :lol: but nevertheless a decent 4 pot setup will be on the never-ending list

Cheers bud :D another one of the reasons for the new wheels! To be fair to them the 288s haven't done too badly, good pad disk combo, braided lines and a working abs setup makes a little bit of a difference :lol: but nevertheless a decent 4 pot setup will be on the never-ending list

Sounds good, what disk and pad set up u running?

Sounds good, what disk and pad set up u running?

I am using the Pagid fr disk and pad setup seems to work pretty nicely together for me

Looks good, get them silver though. Awsome wheels. :norty:

Thanks mate, they do look very nice in silver :) but being crap phone pics you can't really tell but they are a good finish in a very nice grey which suits the abp nicely

Did I see this out the back of Stealth on Friday?

I thought I recognised the wheels from somewhere!

Hi mate,

Yes you certainly did, has been up there for a while waiting to be looked at got a few running problems and some upgrades needed :)

Take it you were up there to get yours back again? How's it going? Did you go for a stand alone ecu? Sounds like yours is going to be pretty mental! Did they get some good figures?

Thought would give a brief update on the rollercoaster ride that is my car. Took it back last year as it kept fouling up plugs on cyl 1, been there before many times before so I though valve seal or something but was never expecting a washed out bore :( I think related to the Schimmel water injection system. So had two options available, oversize the rings and be at the largest tolerance possible for my pistons and block or oversize the bore and go for bigger forged pistons with another new bottom end rebuild :)

Naturally I went the forged low comp route and have just dropped the car back, following a few thousand painful miles of running in, for a remap and will be looking to have it back within the next week, really looking forward to driving it again finally after almost a year out of it being out of action.

Preliminary mapping figures are showing around 409bhp however Vince is currently adding a layered head gasket to lower the compression further to help with the mapping as the torque figure is a bit down and timing advance is also not quite right. Fingers crossed this all goes well!

Wow sounds good Matty, must be excited to get it back as it's been away a while hasn't it? Did you go with the later CP ECU and 4" MAF in the end?

Cheers Andy, yea I followed your advice on the CP upgrade, 4" MAF and housing along with the Custom exhaust i originally wanted finally :) been much better since scrapping the old MAF just need it back now so I can enjoy it again feels like its been off boost forever!

Hey Arif,

Well it has been at 409 but due to overheating and inconsistent tourque figures this has been brought down to only 350bhp :) with a few more miles on it and some more time I will get the boost controller back on and map setup hopefully then it will behave a bit better with the power, glad you liked it I wasn't expecting the amount of wheelspin I had though will have to take you out on a dry day for more post doughnut fun

Yeh the wheel spin was not very nice, is yours all front wheel drive like mine?

I was hoping you would suggest another run on a dry day, especially as you are pretty local - we will have to sort something out. I'd be interested to see how the two cars compare head to head , would make for a great sight & sound too I reckon! Any videos of your car on YouTube or something?

Hey Arif,

Yep all fwd, yea will have to meet up again on a sunny day sometime to compare noises, u going to the ccgb national day at Brooklands?

Little bit of an update,

After having another wastegate fail i took the car in to get this swapped and in doing so finally got round to having my short shifter fitted along with a Forge boost controller and vibratechnics gearbox mount. Car drives so much better for it. Also since the new engine had done a few more miles it got to have another run on the rollers, after a bit of tweaking on the map and adjustment of the boost controller (turn it up) Vince was able to achieve 387bhp and 366lb/ft at 15Psi little video of the noise below.

Really enjoying being able to fully use the car everyday again at least until something else breaks :)

Droooool! Sorted car you have there mate-fair play!

Thanks Bud

It will never be fully complete when I use it each day :) always needs something else the list is never ending.... And then there is the stuff that breaks or wears out in the meantime :)

Fantastic work, this is definitely the sort of direction I'd like to take my car in... What was the problem with the wastegates? What type/brand were you using?

Mark