Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

gearbox problems

right then, when i was at santa pod this weekend one of my mates asked if he could take the G down the strip. i was gonna say no but i would of felt like a right c##t aspecially as i was im my other mates fiat taken that down the strip.

anyway as my mate was taken the G down "something" happened and the clutch pedal didnt come completly up as he was trying to get it into second. rather than taken it easy and letting it run out he jsut keep tryin to ram it in gear and now when driving it goes into 2nd with force and makes a crunching noise! not right happy as you can imagine but what are you gonna do?

any ideas of what might be wrong? a friend of mine thinks it might be the syncro thats gone knacxkered?

if the box is now fooked whats the best replacement? i have seen something about a mk3 golf TDI box?

any help/suggestions would be nice.

cheers Si.

every gear is fine apart from second. if it was the slave cyclinder would that make it the same chrunch for every gear?

every gear is fine apart from second. if it was the slave cyclinder would that make it the same chrunch for every gear?

sorry didnt relise it was in every gear, then it could well be the syncro.

Sorry dude

Sean.

if it is the syncro then its rebuild time. buti managed to get a 1.9 tdi box for a mk3 golf from work £40! not sure on the code though yet.