Sign in to follow this  
TLC-G60

Automatically locks

Hiya

I just wondered if anyone knew of a way to make the G60 automatically lock once I'm in the car?

I know this is an odd request but I seem to be unlucky in the sense I've been ripped out of my A3 1.8T by a jerk who tried ( I say tried, he was about 4 feet smaller than me ) to attack me and another time I have had someone try to open my car doors in the same car at red traffic lights. Also a few years ago in my husband old R5 Turbo they opened the door at some traffic lights showing us his baseball bat and threatening! So I'm pretty unlucky and sometime I forget to lock the doors in the A3. Our 09' A3 automatically locks and its pretty handy.

So just curious is any genius knows of a way. Thanks in advance.

Charlotte.

Not as standard but an aftermarket alarm can do this...

The Toad one I have can activate the central locking when the ignition is turned.

Ok brilliant, thank you, I wasn't aware that alarms can do this...it currently doesn't have one but I will be getting one. A few people have said to me that the Corrado attracts attention and thinking I don't really want any more agro from what Ive had with my A3.

My Clio has this (as I'm sure most modern cars do) where the doors all lock once you start driving 3 mph. I've had it on since I've had the car and although I've never needed it (thank god) it's a feature that I don't like being without these days. I haven't tested this but I thought that if you locked the drivers door once you got in, it would automagically lock the other doors as well?

Pretty sure that, yes, if you push the door pin down on the drivers side when you're in and the engine is running it should actuate the central locking and lock the rest of the doors...

I haven't tested this but I thought that if you locked the drivers door once you got in, it would automagically lock the other doors as well?

That's obviously if the car has central locking - which I'm sure all Corrados came with as standard. Again, could be wrong.

Yeah it auto locks when I put down my driver side lock, but as someone mentioned above, its an actual alarm I guess that I need/want, so that when I reach a certain mph, the car locks itself.

Ah - you could just tap into the switch wiring from the door handle and run something into the car...

I've had a problem where the car locks itself when driving because of a corroded / shorting door handle wire

I suppose this could be made automatic using a relay and an ignition live...

Might be worth having a word with an auto-electrician about this.

The alarm system on my car does this. There is a switch on the alarm control module tagged "Anti Hijack" which you can set on or off.

Some cars are switched by negative and some positive, i think the corrado would need to positive timed switch as it operates the vacuum pump, something like a courtesy delay relay could do the trick 3 secs would be fine i think it would lock once ignition is on and unlock once ignition is off.

I've purchased a Toad alarm system today, auto locks, immobiliser and alarm etc in one. Thanks for your help. Fair few bob though, over 300 smackers.

My Autowatch alarm does this.. well not automatically, but i can lock the doors whilst driving if i want to. Those with alarm its worth testing yours, as this feature isnt in my manual.

So I've got a toad alarm fitted and it doesn't always lock on the first engine start-up. The company say its to do with the sequence...are they trying to have me on?