Sign in to follow this  
radojunkie

ticking g60

just had feedback from jabbasport, here's what he said

Your best option is to have the car custom mapped here on the rollers. This service comes out at £420 inc VAT.

This is a full live map on the rolling road and will take into account all of the modifications that you mentioned in your enquiry.

Intercooler doesn’t really make much difference to the mapping other than final power output as the management system can take into account the charge air temperature and adjust fuelling to suit..

opnions?

Thats sounds a bit suss to me. My opinion is that the intercooler can have an impact on the map. What the map doesn't take into account is any pressure drop as a result of adding the intercooler. Also (and I may be wrong on this) I thought with digifant that when on wide open throttle the CO post is bypassed, so when on full boost there is no temperature compensation. I would check with Vince on that though. The upshot would be that if you had much better cooling the air would be denser and if not corrected for you would run lean.

that what i thought get the intercooler then get the map, i cant afford those calipers no matter how much i want them, think im going to go with vince when i can raise the cash, he seems to know a lot more about this type of engine and i feel better taking it to a guy everyone seems to trust, plus he's cheaper lol never liked the jabbasport logo any way