Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

VR6 suspension kit for sub £400?

1. Don't need or want coilovers.

2. I know that I could save up a bit more - but I don't want to.

I'm not bothered about labour costs, as I'll fit them myself. My front suspension (standard VW) is less than 1 year old, but my rear suspension is knackered and feels 'floatly', so I need to get on this sharpish. As well as the suspension kit I'm also got to get some of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWERFLEX-Rear-Be ... 2a04e20e76

...as mine appear to have died!

So what is there out there? Weitc? FK? Would a 'kit' come with everything I require? Top mounts etc? :shrug:

Cheers.

Hey chap, there are tonnes of spring and shock combos out there but ive personally only used coilovers so cant comment but KW's and Koni's seem to come highly recommended.

With regards to the rear bushes, ive read that its best not to use powerflex bushes despite being easier to install as you lose the rado's active rear steer.

I hate to say it but if you do a search you'll find that there is literally a sea of info on this stuff!

Abdul

With regards to the rear bushes, ive read that its best not to use powerflex bushes despite being easier to install as you lose the rado's active rear steer.

Active rear steer?!

Active rear steer?!

My bad, its passive rear steering... I believe the flex in the stock bushes help the rear beam twist a bit when cornering. Something along those lines...

I got Koni STR.T for my 16v Corrado a few years back and I think they were

Vince @ Stealth reccommended them based on the fact he runs them on his daily (Passat Estate) and liked them :)

Well, after a bit more reading I've sent e-mails to G-Werks and Demon Tweeks asking for quotes on:

Weitec Hircon GTN

Powerflex Rear beam bushes (anyone had any experiences with these?!)

Aftermarket steering wheel

can't comment on the suspension, but re beam bushes, its felt by people in the know that polyurethene bushes don't flex in the same way the oem items do, which are designed to enable passive rear steering, i.e. a slight lateral flexing of the rear beam.

i'm no expert but went oem for that reason when i did mine.

If front is standard and new then just go for the same at the back and standard rear bushes, maybe also try the R32 rear wishbone ones too, also check all wheel bearings and ball joints etc

If front is standard and new then just go for the same at the back and standard rear bushes, maybe also try the R32 rear wishbone ones too, also check all wheel bearings and ball joints etc

The front top mounts are new and the wheel bearings are new all round, pretty sure the ball joints on the front are less than a year old too.

Whats the difference between normal rear beam bushes and R32 ones? Do you stock them?

There not rear beam bushes they are front wishbone rear bushes, and from what i've read it is an effective mod to do. Again as for the rear bushes standard are meant to be the best really,

AJ

As well as the rear beam bushes, are there any others worth changing while I'm changing the entire suspension? Like anti-roll bushes?

Finally got a heads up from DemonTweeks that my Weitec Hicon GTN, Momo Team steering wheel and polyflex bushes got posted this morning (ordered 17 Aug!). I'll do a whole build thead thing as I'm painting the calipers too.