Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Anyone using a Supersprint backbox on a g60/16v ?

Just found out today that Supersprint do a backbox for the g60 with a 5" x 3" oval tailpipe, anyone got one of these, or a full system, what do they sound like?

Loud/medium/quiet ?

I'd be fitting it onto the back of a powerflow front & middle silencer (which don't silence much!) as the backbox is either dead or maybe just built to be loud!

I can get one for £185, I would have a magnex but they only do a oval tailpipe in a full system which is £300 and out of my budget.

Cheers for any help,

Andy

i've got one....I dont know how much difference the back box makes to the noise, as I've never replaced one without the system too!

It is quiet inside, but quite loud outside at the rear of the car.

its a nice fit in the rear bumper, but u will need to make sure the other rubbers are good throughout, else it will knock on it.

Could maybe get a pic of it tomorrow if u like?

HTH

Cheers, yeah a pic would be great, thanks.

So it's quite loud at idle then, or did you mean when driving?

Andy

I've just had a Supersprint cat back system fitted, admittedly to a VR but the fit is excellent and it is nice and quiet like the O.E. system The backbox is stainless and the tailpipe is a 120x80 oval. Very highly recommend it. 8)

Outside at the rear of the car, noise from the tail appears to be quite loud, but from the front of the car or in the car when driving, the charger is louder.

I've got one fitted to mine full system including de-cat pipe. Its great, very little noise inside excpet when you seriously give it some. Looks the same as the pic.