Sign in to follow this  
Ben-B

Milltek exhaust system - removing centre silencer

I've not looked at it in detail, but I did notice when looking under the car that the centre silencer on my Milltek system is huge, and there's quite a lot of corners and piping for the exhaust gases to go round.

Would removing the centre silencer (and replacing it with a straight stainless steel tube of the same bore) improve the flow of the system, and therefore improve the performance.

I know it'd make it louder, but hopefully not too loud

I've not looked at it in detail, but I did notice when looking under the car that the centre silencer on my Milltek system is huge, and there's quite a lot of corners and piping for the exhaust gases to go round.

Would removing the centre silencer (and replacing it with a straight stainless steel tube of the same bore) improve the flow of the system, and therefore improve the performance.

I know it'd make it louder, but hopefully not too loud

You could always keep the centre silencer and have it routed the same as JMC has his:

PICTURES HERE

I think you'll be getting the best of both worlds then

That looks a lot more of a direct route than mine :lol:

What I really need to do is get it on some ramps and get some pictures and get a good look under mine myself

If your in no rush ben you'll be able to see/hear for yourself in a few weeks my mates makin himself a full system and doesn't plan to have the midbox or cat seen as it's not a car that sees the road often, there's videos on YouTube with various differnt combinations of missing boxes, your bound to loose alittle low end torque won't realy see any gains till it's screaming, and it will be screaming, my old valver with only a back box was too much to drive daily, pretty raw like