Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

oohhh samco's! treated the G!

treated her to some new samco's! boring blue but was all excited when they came!

think it might be a while before i fit them, gonna get new flanges and rad. and think it will get flushed before there changed to.

samco.JPG[/attachment:1aoxx7p5]

Do yourself a favour and strip out the rad to give yourself the room to fit them properly, the Two 3-way pipes that go between the waterpump, thermostat and oil cooler are a complete bitch to get on and off with everything in place :-)

Cool cheers for the advice.

Want to put a new rad on at the same time so that sholud help with the extra room. Also will be doing it on a ramp will should help a bit.

Yeah, complete arse to fit - be very careful when cutting these down to the correct lengths and also not to overtighten the clamps onto plastic flanges - would replace these when fitting too.

May be worth a new Water Pump while your in there, would make fitting easier and they are fairly cheap for such an important part 8)

I fitted my Samcos Two years ago now and I still havent done the Heater Matrix pipes as Im still recovering from the nightmare of getting those water pump pipes on.... :gag:

yeah will do the water pump but was gonna wait till put a new cambelt on. ideally would like to get it cam'ed up and do the pump and belt all in one go.

Sounds like a plan 8) you done the Crank bolt replacement yet? If not get that done at the same time.

Cheers

Dan

yep they sure are. original part has been hardened as they tend to snap.

not much fun to change them without a decent air gun.