Sign in to follow this  
domwells27

Rear badges dilemma

Hi

So one of the previous owners of my car has smoothed the boot, which looks nice, but i'd like to get it back to standard

I know the badges can still be purchased (or at least replicas) but not sure how they would mount. Didnt the originals have those little blue pins which mounted them to the body?

I'm thinking some sort of adhesive, but not sure what (if any) would hold the badges on properly

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dom

Yeah they are attached with the lugs that go in holes with them little blue things on the back.

Mine came off though, but I stuck them back on with Tigerseal, so I'd recommend just using that. It won't come off, not for a long time at least :)

a standard corrado badge wouldnt work as the recess has been smoothed, you would be best looking at other badges in the VW range... then just stick it on?

i personally would leave it, too much hassle and wont look as good as standard

a standard corrado badge wouldnt work as the recess has been smoothed, you would be best looking at other badges in the VW range... then just stick it on?

Hmm yh, I had considered the recess being a problem but wasnt sure if anyone has refitted their old badges.

I suppose I could still get the Corrado, G60 and supercharged badges back on, but probably wouldnt look the same without the VW one in the middle

Hmm yh, I had considered the recess being a problem but wasnt sure if anyone has refitted their old badges.

I suppose I could still get the Corrado, G60 and supercharged badges back on, but probably wouldnt look the same without the VW one in the middle

It actually looks very good with all combinations but certainly no VW badge but Model badging looks good

Thanks for the advice. I could give it a go, but unlikely to sell on the badges after reading up on that tigerseal stuff. That stuff sounds solid!

try the Corrado badge first using double sided trim tape, it will look fine and be easy enough to remove if you need to. I'd forget the centre VW badge if you've plated over the recess. Yes you can stick on a substitute but its always going to look like a stuck on substitute.

Thanks for the advice. I could give it a go, but unlikely to sell on the badges after reading up on that tigerseal stuff. That stuff sounds solid!

Damn right it is! My aerial came away from the base thingy screwed onto the roof, i just hoofed in some tigerseal, masking taped it up overnight, and tested it by leaving it on and going through a carwash, didn't even touch it :D