Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

VR non starter - no fuel

Went to start the car this morning and it started fine. Switched off then tried restarting 5min later and its just cranking over.

Its sparking fine and Ive replaced the fuel pump and ECU relay's but no joy. Its not getting any fuel by the looks of it. Cant think of what else to look at. My car is OBDII so not quite the same as normal VR. Would the TPS do this?

Seem to spend more time fixing the thing than driving it :brickwall:, I can see it going up for sale soon.

have you tried the fuse in the fuse box?

going back a few years,not long after getting a new fuel pump my Raddo wouldnt start after pulling into my parking space,also my sunroof and spoiler werent working and it turned out to be a fuse that seemingly covered them all bizarrely,sorry for the non-too descriptive guide,but it was near enough 7 years ago

as for selling it................I'm sure someone would love to do a nice deal with your old 24V

Checked the fuel pump fuse and its fine. Going to double check everything again. Beginning to regret selling the green one now.

How about the crank sensor?? I may be wrong but i was under the impression that if the crank sensor was unplugged/broken then it wouldnt allow fuel into the cylinders and also wouldnt spark.

Found the problem, there was a 30amp fuse running from the battery terminal. Only found it as the stereo is on the blink so I was tracing wires. One of the connectors was very loose so I guess its for the fuel pump. Connected and fired up first time.

Its like women this car, goes all in cream puff for no apparent reason then you play with it for a while then stick something in and all seems well. Just as well Im single at the moment as I dont think I could handle two things in my life like that :lol: .

Roddy you can put Chris of for the moment, well at least until the next thing goes wrong :wink: .

nice one,glad to hear you found the prob!

took me two weeks to find out why my old raddo ecu was on the fritz!found out igniton switch had bad contact(reason i found that was because the electric seatbelts were on the same switch which they were playing around while i was driving!

Police officer-why havent you got your seatbelt on?

Me-bang the steering column,belts go on,one puzzled looking officer!! :confused4: :grin:

Found the problem, there was a 30amp fuse running from the battery terminal. Only found it as the stereo is on the blink so I was tracing wires. One of the connectors was very loose so I guess its for the fuel pump. Connected and fired up first time.

Its like women this car, goes all in cream puff for no apparent reason then you play with it for a while then stick something in and all seems well. Just as well Im single at the moment as I dont think I could handle two things in my life like that :lol: .

Roddy you can put Chris of for the moment, well at least until the next thing goes wrong :wink: .

Any pics of where this 30amp fuse is ?