Sign in to follow this  
Gangstarr

CLASSIC CAR INSURANCE

Does anyone know a good classic insurance company just bought a mk2 & its 26 years old so i wanted to get as many quotes as possible .

I have a classic car insurance policy with Lynbrook Insurance...

http://www.lynbrookins.co.uk

They have a limited mileage policy and you can have agreed valuation with them for extra 15 pounds.

With Classic car insurance policy its only for private use and excludes travelling to and from place of work, business or study.

And try Peter James.

I've just had a lower quote for my VR inclusive of agreed value etc etc.

Peter James won't touch a single "performance" modification. My VR has H&R springs and Eibach ARB's so that's me out I guess :(

footman james accepts mods that dont affect performance, covers my storm with wheels and agreed value for 250,limited value

just got a quote on peterjames £140 cant believe how cheap that is . would gas shox class as a performance mod ??

Is that with limited mileage?

just got a quote on peterjames £140 cant believe how cheap that is . would gas shox class as a performance mod ??

Is that with limited mileage?

It will probably be with unlimited mileage which is what i have as its over 20 years old :wink:

Oh right, mine was unlimited with it being on a classic specific policy and it didn't need to have no claims bonus on it either as they just kind of oversee that and said it wasn't needed! Couldn't argue with that.

ile do another quote with unlimited miles if its not much more might aswell have it ide say anything under £250 is sound as a pound

Yeah worth asking as they said it was unlimited automatically on a classic policy

I'm with Footman James on a classic policy, limited to 3000 social miles. No one else is insured to drive it, equally I'm not insured to drive other peoples cars; even 3rd party. Pretty exclusive.

Had all mods declared, they are a few including supercharger work, chip/pulley, uprated brakes, KW V1's, BBS RS wheels, Leather Recaros etc. I'm 27, 7 years no claims, own/drive another vehicle, kept on driveway in nice area, IAM member etc its just under £370 with agreed value and £150 excess.

Was about the best I could find....

Getting insurance on a 2nd car is becoming a joke for me.

With a 2nd car you have to start at zero NCB so I have quotes of over 800 + quid third party only which is stupid!!1

I am not impressed at all

Getting insurance on a 2nd car is becoming a joke for me.

With a 2nd car you have to start at zero NCB so I have quotes of over 800 + quid third party only which is stupid!!1

I am not impressed at all

Thats a bit steep...Is that on a classic insurance policy. Should be a lot cheaper than that if its not modified and with limited mileage. With Classic car insurance policy its only for private use and excludes travelling to and from place of work, business or study.