Sign in to follow this  
Dboy

Had my G60 'breathed on'

Took a trip down to see the boys at GWerks/Pitstop at the weekend :)

Had an SNS5 chip, 3.5fpr, a bling68mm pulley, shorter belt and a 'bling' RS charger outlet with a new bit of blue samco to brighten up my engine bay! and out of the goodness of their hearts they also removed the carbon cannister and the boost return pipework and replaced it with a nice 'blingin' k&n breather. Whacked on the wideband and boosted out onto the open roads. WOW!!! wot a difference :shock: :shock: totally transformed the car. I caned a good few cars on the way home - cars that i wouldnt normally stand a chance with!! Well happy! :D :D

I also had the pleasure of meeting da gangsta FurkiG60 - dude - you are proper entertainment! pmsl :D :D

all in all a good day!! Pat on the back for Darren,Steve & Liam

Nice one Dave, bet that lot cost a nice tidy sum :)

as for FurkiG60, yet the meet the guy, but have had the odd coversation on PM seems a funny bloke :lol:

bet that lot cost a nice tidy sum

very reasonable actually 8)

as for FurkiG60, yet the meet the guy, but have had the odd coversation on PM seems a funny bloke

the blokes a shizzle vanizzle nutter!! 8)

How did you find the blanking plate mod? got a sound/video clip of the sound? Did you get an oil catch tank?

The blanking mod - it doesnt produce anything like the noise you would get on an RS Dan, but very satisfying all the same. Its only really noticeable on mine at high revs, although i went out in Furkis G60 on sat and his is louder than mine. varies from motor to motor i guess.

Functionality is the name of the game tho :wink:

no catch tank at the moment :( when funds permit :D

well pleased with results anyway 8)

Sounds sweet mate :D

So what do you do without the catch tank? How is it plumed in.

Blanking plate over the charger obviously :wink: then what has been done witht the boost return?

what has been done witht the boost return?

thrown in the bin lol!! The ISV now has a small k&n breather filter on it. the rest is in the bin seriously.

the length of hose that comes out the top of the rocker cover is just going to air at the moment. but there are no issues with loads of oil all over the place - if there was then i'd just bung a bottle of some sort over it with a couple of holes in until a catch tank graces my engine bay! 8)

Glad your happy Dave, I know that Darren and Liam were very pleased with the outcome of your car after it had been set up.

With regard to the boost return to air, we are able to taylor the extent to how audible the 'blow off' is now. For the likes of Firkin who want pimp their 'raddo hard and for the entire population of Brighton to know when he has just backed off the throttle we leave the boost return valve dumping directly to atmoshere :lol: :lol: . For the likes of Dave, who is a more discreat pimp we are able to fit a length of silicone with a gauze muffler, the noise is still audible, but only to the degree that it is very subtle.

Take ya pick, are you intovert or extrovert! quiet or loud!

Dan - i think it was about 20squid for the k&n - not too sure about the blanking plate - i think the cost of that got lost in my final bill with all the other bling that went on! 8)

This is something im getting done very soon, i've also been in furki's c and it's sound's the nut's but might be a little to loud for me so might go for the muffler :)

D-boy, what psi is youre charger making and when was it last rebuilt,to what stage and by who?

Be really interest in knowing mate

Cheers

G-lader i think i'm right in thinking your running a jabba stage 4, same as me with 68mm and jabba chip im getting about 13-14psi was rebuilt 15k ago. What's your's showing :?: When it's time for another rebuild i won't be going to jabba, i'll get it done at G-werks.

WAS TOO MUCH BOOST hey dboy.....u think mines loud lol wheres bananaman

was nice meeting ya Dboy, was quiet ebtertaining waiting with ya for ya car to come back from the test runs,,,,, was also quiet funny when we went out also......

Nuff Boost :p

D-boy, what psi is youre charger making and when was it last rebuilt,to what stage and by who?

Be really interest in knowing mate

Cheers

charger and all other works was done here .. :lol: dave's running one of our s4 chargers...

This all reminds me of my trip to the pitstop/g-werks shed!! aaaaah, fond memorys of leaveing with a totaly transformed car. 8) 8) I know how your feeling DBoy. :) Only sad thing is I wont be able to afford to go down for more work for a while. (coilovers and phat rims becoming a must) :wink:

D-boy, what psi is youre charger making

enough to blow the boost hoses off!! :lol: :lol:

seriously though, all work on my C has been carried out by Darren @ Gwerks and my car feels REALLY strong right now 8)