Sign in to follow this  
VR-Sixy

VR6 Strange engine problem

Got something strange going on with my VR6. From what i can gather myself, i think it might be an intermittent plug or Injector - this is what happens. After about 10 minutes running from start-up, the is a slight jolt and it feels (and sounds) like it's not firing on all cylinders and I loose all acceleration and power. It still runs, but sounds like a Subaru Imprezza without the balls!! After another 10 minutes or so, there is another slight jolt when whatever had kicked out, kicks back in again and it's as smooth as a Baby's Bum again.

Weird eh? Just wanted to run this past you lot before it goes to the garage tomorrow to be looked at with a view to maybe giving my guy at the garage a couple of pointers as to what it might be.

Anyone out there with any ideas?

Thanks! :norty:

Good enough for me, i'll direct my garage guy to that area. If it's intermittent, do you think it might

just be that something has come loose in the coil pack (seen pictures - lots of stuff to work loose in there) and need tightening up given that it runs perfectly after it kicks back in? £300 odd for a new coil pack is giving me the shudders!!

Any more input gratefully accepted.

Thanks

For starters I would just check that all the electrical connections are clean and secure, the 5-pin low voltage connector and all six HT leads.

I don't think a new coilpack is £300 - I bought a new one a couple of years ago for less than half that amount.

Best wishes

RB

For starters I would just check that all the electrical connections are clean and secure, the 5-pin low voltage connector and all six HT leads.

I don't think a new coilpack is £300 - I bought a new one a couple of years ago for less than half that amount.

Best wishes

RB

Thanks Roger. Really appreciate your input. :notworthy:

You are very welcome.

I get all, well, most, of my spares from Murray MacDonald in Hatfield (01707 272686) which isn't that far from you, including the Beru coilpack which I think was about £130.

Best wishes

RB

Turned out to the the Ignition Coil. Already replaced by 11am this morning and i'm picking him

up from the garage tonight. Thanks to everyone for their contributions. Much appreciated. :notworthy: