Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Bird whatsit on car bonnet.

Left my audi outside a block of apartment which when i returned from a weeks holiday had scaffolding around it. It wasn't until i got in the car i noticed the bonnet had been totally plastered by bird cr@p which must of been on the bonnet a week or so, I had a little chuckle at the time. I guess it's starling roosting time and they used the scaffolding to hang out (good job they hadn't been eating blackberries).

anyway washed the car this morning and tried to polish the bonnet but the marks have stained the paint work.

I've used autoglem on the bonnet and a bit of t-cut you can still see evidence... any idea's it not funny any more.

problem with VW paintwork especially older paint like on a corrado is that its rock hard. which means you dont get swirls much in the paintowork but it can be hard to restore, before you restor to sanding i would try a higher level of abraision than sanding. Try a mid level compound such as Poorboys SSR3 or Meguiars ultimage compouind (machine will be easier than by hand) if that doesnt work try some farecla G3 compound then one of the othe compounds then a polish. (the G3 will make your paint completely dull its not far from a wet sand so you will have to bring the paintwork backafter)