Sign in to follow this  
Gaz154

Stealer quote

just got quoted this from vw in ayr

replace rocker cover gasket: £21 for the gasket 2 hours labour at £42 AN HOUR :shock: :shock:

£21 for a diagnostic check and if they found any faults that need fixing they would waive the charge

asked about an oil change while they were at the gasket and they said on oil service was £90 :shock: :shock:

didn't ask if that was just oil and filter cos i nearly fell over with shock and told them to forget the oil change i'll get the oil and filter off them and do it myself

how does this sound to you guys £42 an hour is a joke if u ask me

replace rocker cover gasket: £21 for the gasket 2 hours labour at £42 AN HOUR :shock: :shock:

£21 for a diagnostic check and if they found any faults that need fixing they would waive the charge

asked about an oil change while they were at the gasket and they said on oil service was £90 :shock: :shock:

didn't ask if that was just oil and filter cos i nearly fell over with shock and told them to forget the oil change i'll get the oil and filter off them and do it myself

TBH thats just about right for a Scottish VW dealer............thats actually on the cheap side nationally......if you want fun try getting a quote in London then you'll think £42 is a bargain........anyway the oil + filter change is what they charge as that will be using whichever oil that they(the dealer-group) use.........unless you specify a particular type......i got done once with esso £10 a litre stuff :shock: :shock: :shock: ......the way to avoid getting hit is to say that you'll supply the oil and just want the labour charge and filter charge or to save you getting your hands dirty.........buy a sump plug gasket,genuine VW filter and whatever oil you want......go down to your local "kwik-fit" etc and get 1 of their "oil+filter" change specials.......but tell them to keep their oil+filter........voila an oil + filter change done for just under £20 labour + cost of oil and filter :wink:

42 quid is a pretty reasonable figure for a main dealer I think the local VAG dealer round the corner from me charger 65 quid an hour! The most expensive dealer I ve come across is the lexus dealer round the corner from my dads garage which is 120 quid an hour hat do you think of that???? :shock:

what oil do u use mate was told that the vw synta silver is the stuff to go for

i use synta-Gold the fully synthetic VW oil.............only cos AFAIK my C's always been fed a diet of fully-synthetic...............synta-silver is very well recommended too.....and of course a bit cheaper

DONT BOTHER USING VW OIL!!!!! :mad: ! its a bloody rip off, valvoline durablend 10w40 semi synthetic is a higher spec oil and cheaper :D

DONT BOTHER USING VW OIL!!!!! :mad: ! its a bloody rip off, valvoline durablend 10w40 semi synthetic is a higher spec oil and cheaper :D

why ? synta siver is cheaper at around £10 for 5 ltrs.

why ? synta siver is cheaper at around £10 for 5 ltrs

£10 :shock: :shock: :shock: £24 in my local stealers, the robbin b***ards

its £75 an hour in Oxford, and even then they know nothing about cars, and got my diagnosis completely wrong, they wanted to change the Head Gasket and timing chains, when infact it was the HT leads!!!!!!

if it was esso ultron stuff it is good stuff!

esso exxon and mobil merged back in 1999 or 2000 and is know called exxonmobil they are know the same company! That esso ultron is made to the same standard and mobil1 oil! it was made in fawley where i used to work!

sorry i ment to quote this one!!!! :oops:

TBH thats just about right for a Scottish VW dealer............thats actually on the cheap side nationally......if you want fun try getting a quote in London then you'll think £42 is a bargain........anyway the oil + filter change is what they charge as that will be using whichever oil that they(the dealer-group) use.........unless you specify a particular type......i got done once with esso £10 a litre stuff :shock: :shock: :shock: ......the way to avoid getting hit is to say that you'll supply the oil and just want the labour charge and filter charge or to save you getting your hands dirty.........buy a sump plug gasket,genuine VW filter and whatever oil you want......go down to your local "kwik-fit" etc and get 1 of their "oil+filter" change specials.......but tell them to keep their oil+filter........voila an oil + filter change done for just under £20 labour + cost of oil and filter :wink:

if it was esso ultron stuff it is good stuff!

esso exxon and mobil merged back in 1999 or 2000 and is know called exxonmobil they are know the same company! That esso ultron is made to the same standard and mobil1 oil! it was made in fawley where i used to work!

yip it was the esso ultron..........notihin against the stuff other than the price and poor availability(other than Esso filling stations at £10+ per litre).....afterall if i can get a decent fully-synthetic thats fit enough to be badged under the VW/quantum label for a fair bit cheaper(