Sign in to follow this  
Fulltimejunglist

Sorry more crap

My car was over heating and i thought it was my water pumpas it didnt seem to be working, done it and figurd it would be fine but tis still over heating, ust keeps on going up to about 100 degrees in about 6 minuits of driving, giving it a bit obviously makes it overheat faster. im clueless of what it could be and im not wanting it to be the head gasket tbh.

Its doing my head in repairing cars, i have 9 stiches in my elbow and a sprained wrist im basically disabled and its not fun.

Would much appreciate any help, thanks.

sorry people.

Its a 1.8 16v, its not the thermostat, as i did that first thinking it may be the problem but no, then water pump and im still overheating, it does go over 100 but im in a messy state of crapping myself cus ive done it before and blew up the engine on my mk1..... so i stop where ever i am...

Thanks for the help people.

It rises up from nothing to about 70 in about 4 mins and from there, it jsut goes up and up and up, thanks.

Ive also heard the optimum temp for the 16v to run on is sumut around 75 degrees...

Im hoping to be able to drive it properly at some point soon, aha.

sorry people.

Its a 1.8 16v, its not the thermostat, as i did that first thinking it may be the problem but no, then water pump and im still overheating, it does go over 100 but im in a messy state of crapping myself cus ive done it before and blew up the engine on my mk1..... so i stop where ever i am...

Thanks for the help people.

It rises up from nothing to about 70 in about 4 mins and from there, it jsut goes up and up and up, thanks.

Ive also heard the optimum temp for the 16v to run on is sumut around 75 degrees...

Im hoping to be able to drive it properly at some point soon, aha.

and the fan... does that come on? what condition is the rad in?

Rad seems fine and all in good working order no holes etc, the fan, well randomly it seems to only work with the ignition off, i think there is a earthing swith which earths it at about 105 degrees or somethign which turns the fan on but at the moment as it doesnt work with the ignition on i have earthed it so when the ignition is off it works as its better than non at all.

Fan does work ok, when i bought the car the wiring from the fan was messed with and one cable wasnt together and was cut at a point where three wires go, one was cut and not put toghether so i put it together as the fan wasnt working at all, now only works with the ignition off, i have to say, i appologise for being retarded with cars, i jsut love dubs and driving them in a way which makes them break down frequently i just try and do it all my self cus i cant afford to pay for a garage to do it for me.

thanks

the fan not coming on will almost certainly be the reason for the over heating.... :wink:

there are two settings i think, a slow and fast speed depending on the temperature you get from the thermostat. No idea how to help you though if the previous owner has messed up the wiring :confused4: