Sign in to follow this  
VR6Joni

Wheel offset really should be 35!

I just thought I'd point out that when I recently fitted some Brembo's I had to change the wheels as most people do. I dropped on some wheels with good disc clearance but not quite enough, therefore had to space the wheels out by 10mm.

I measured the wheel offset and found that is was originally 45mm, however with the 10mm spacers this took it down to 35mm (the correct offset). I had run these wheels without the the spacers in the past and found the steering a touch heavy and turn in was simply not quite as responsive as the previously fitted (35mm offset wheel), I thought this was because of the extra 0.5" width and that the wheel was a touch heavier.

However with the 10mm spacer fitted (back to 35mm offset), I was back to the original well balanced, responsive steering and could not even tell it was a slightly wider wheel and a touch heavier.

Moral of the story is that if a 10mm offset error is this noticeable, run 35mm offset wheels or you may regret it! I for one find the feel of the car much nicer with the correct wheel offset.