Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Fusebox fixing points

I'm swapping my dash soon but need to know how the fusebox is held in place? At the moment the fusebox is hanging down on I think the lower/rear fixings, I don't think it's been fixed at the top since I've had the car. Can anyone tell me and provide some photos of how it's held in place?

Thanks

Dave

You are probably missing the 2 white plastic clips that hold it in place mate, one acts like a hook holding the bottom right hand corner as you look at it and the other is like a fork that actually clips around the circular tab on the fusebox and then when this is hooked into possition it swivels upwards to clip into the fusebox carrier bracket.

Thanks Kip, it swivels down ok but isn't held in at the top so I'm guessing it's the top fixing that I'm missing or maybe the carrier bracket is missing?

Sounds like both the white plastic bits are missing. I'll try and get you a picky later.

Sounds like both the white plastic bits are missing. I'll try and get you a picky later.

That would be grand as I'm plucking up the courage to start removing the dash the minute I get home from work tomorrow.

Here you go mate, hope they make sense! you can just see the white clips on both ends if you look closely.

Sorry they're a bit blurred i couldnt get the camera to focus :roll:

Just been out to check and yes those 2 clips are missing so if anyone has them I'd happily take them off you :)

The fusebox has swung down by 90 degs so the fuses and relays are now pointing down.