Sign in to follow this  
1991corrado

Engine bang!

Hello peeps,

Engine went pop on the M42 2 weeks back, toyed with selling car as is on EBAY until 3 corrados went passed and then i remebered why i got it in the first place.

Located an engine, engine crane and tarporling for when it rains.

Gonna pop new timing belt kit, clutch kit and rocker cover gasket on new engine before it goes in.

My question is because the old engine went pop (believe its bottom end) and spat out all coolant/smoke, will it have damaged anything else like matrix ETC????

Looking forward to good news!!!!!

Regards

Mark

From the top, 2 months ago i had head gasket issue, using water. Had the top half of engine rebuilt, new head gasket, rocker cover, timing belt everthing etc. Only problem i didnt have enough money to have head skimmed.

So driving down M6, water light comes on, pull over at services, leave it to cool down for an hour, checked water and topped up. Set off again, M42 water light on again only 10 miles from service thought i would feather her there, then oil light on, crazy buzzer starts and thats it loss of power swung across the motorway to hard shoulder switching of engine as i roll along, steam comes pouring out the engien bay and exhaust.

Antifreeze covers the entire back end of the car. Knew then not to try turning the car over.

AA man tries, says belt has gone, im thinking it only had a new belt 8 weeks ago.

Checked the oil 6 hours later sitting on the maximum.

Somebody has said possible oil pump seazed stripping the belt????

Im not sure all i know is it is FUBAR'd.

Got another engine, timing belt kit and clutch. I was wondering if anything could of been affected?

HELP!!!!!

Mark

what extras are with the engine? Or is it just the block itself?

Heater matrix damage is possible, but i would have thought it would be ok given that the engine took the brunt of it.

Worth changing water pump while you have access to the new lump.

By the sounds of it your engine found the weak spot and went with it, ied imagine your heater matrix is fine if your feet dint get wet, be intrested to know were the fault was fir future reference