Sign in to follow this  
awright182

Drivers side wishbone

Hi,

I tend to do a lot of lurking rather than posting but now I need some advice.

I've had a fun day doing the passenger's side wishbone bushes and now I need to do the drivers side. I know I need to drop the sump or raise the engine to get at the front bolt.

How easy is it to get at the engine mounts? The front one seems to have three small nuts on the underside. Is it a case of just undoing them. I can get a socket on the single bolt from above but can't really get good leverage because there's some stuff belonging to the inlet manifold I'm worried about damaging.

I'm not looking forward to this. The passengers side front bolt was siezed in but I got it out without it shearing. This one looks worse.

Going for food and beer but will pick up your suggestions later.

Andy

Don't know what model you have mate, however on a VR, for the front you simply undo the nut on top of the mount, not the several nuts holding the mount to the front crossmember.

The rear is similar but you have an extra nut holding a small metal shield on before you can see the main mount nut.

I removed said nuts and then jacked the engine carefully from below with a block of wood.

Thanks Andy,

I got stuck in today, managed to undo the mountings and jack the engine up. The bolts came indone without a struggle. I need some new bottom ball joint mountings and bolts but apart from that job done.

Andy